Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

10-13 - Mount Vernon PD Blood Drive for Aksel Jarosz

15 posts in this topic

The one year old child of two local police officers (identity withheld for privacy) was just diagnosed with Leukemia and is in dire need of Type B Negative blood immediately.

Blood donations can be made at the:

Hudson Valley Blood Services

525 Executive Blvd.

Elmsford, NY 10523

914-784-4612

Although they take walk-ins, it's recommended you call ahead. When making a donation, tell them it's for Aksel.

Please pass this on to every emergency service provider in our area.

Thank you!

If I was B- I would donate. B- is rare. good luck to the girl and the family, will be praying.

Chris. Check your inbox sent you a message I need you to get back to me on about this as quick as you can.

Good luck Chris. I'd be up for it, but as a reformed Brit I'm permanently banned from giving blood in the USA!

I am O neg if that helps. I give reguarly and am not eligible for another 2-3 weeks, but willing to go then

Any Blood type will do, they will match what we give towards Aksel.

I sure hope the young kid gets the blood he needs. It tears me up when I hear about kids that are so sick. Espically around this time of year when most kids are getting ready for Santa.

I have a story to share about a young kid who celebrated his final birthday at the firehouse. I think "efd.." knows the one I'm talking about. I'll post it later on.

What I don't understand at all is, "Why does this kind of thing happen to little innocent kids" ? Meantime, there's Scumbag pieces of $hit roaming every street in every town or city in this Country. "I just don't understand it".

Anyway, I sure hope it works out for this kid. And if your kid(s) are healthy, you sure are blessed.

Good luck Chris. I'd be up for it, but as a reformed Brit I'm permanently banned from giving blood in the USA!

Is that to keep us from driving on the wrong side of the road and wanting to drink warm beer? :P

Any Blood type will do, they will match what we give towards Aksel.

I just wanted to emphasize this. No matter what type you are, all donations of any blood type made in Aksel's name will help. B-Negative is an added bonus for the system because its a rare blood type, but any and all blood types will help Aksel out. The blood supply always dips during the holidays because we're all so busy. Please take the time to do it, even if its only once.

I contacted the blood center to donate, (I am B-) and direct it towards Aksel. I was told that a 'directed donation' was not in effect and after having them look into it, and call me back ; I was informed that there has been a general blood drive scheduled, "in honor of Aksel" on January 3rd, 3-9pm.

Nurse Jones provided a group reference # of 65485 if you wish to donate at another location than down county where this is scheduled.

Further info about collection sites can be obtained at 1-800-903-Blood.

Thanks

I'm 0- and will be donating tomorrow in Elmsford. I know its good for Red Blood Cell's, but not Plasma.

The Mount Vernon Police Department, Mount Vernon Police Association and City of Mount Vernon are holding a blood drive in honor of Aksel Jarosz, the 11 month old son of two Mount Vernon Police Officers. Aksel was recently diagnosed with leukemia and is currently being treated at Westchester Medical Center. The blood drive will be held at the Elk's Lodge, located at 88 West Lincoln Avenue, Mount Vernon, NY from 12 PM to 8:30 PM on Monday, January 3, 2011. Please help a family in Blue out in their time of need. To schedule a time to donate please call or text 914-355-9110 or email RockOnAksel@gmail.com

post-3009-0-72592700-1293750527.jpg

post-3009-0-19974600-1293750535.jpg

post-3009-0-63773600-1293750541.jpg

post-3009-0-46298800-1293750656.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Thanks for the update and information on this blood drive.

PLEASE! PLEASE! Make an effort to donate on Monday.

Let's make this a very happy new year for the Jarosz family!

Thank you to everyone who came out and donated. We had a full house. The Red Cross actually ran out of supplies due to the high turnout. The Family is extremely grateful!