Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYC MTA Bus Blocks Responding Engine Company

21 posts in this topic

I don't what the whole story was, but the bus broken down or unable to move...looks like a tight street?

I don't what the whole story was, but the bus broken down or unable to move...looks like a tight street?

Watch it again. Granted we do not know the whole story, but he was able to move forward. Also listen to all the conversation, he was telling of the FF's (as they were yelling at him to move).

And yes it looked tight because of the snow piles, but in the end he managed to move, but it appeared to be at his own pace.

This well "may be" simply the MTA Members (Bus Drivers) being told by their Union Leaders (in repsonse to the "alleged" poor Snow Claen Up Management Job done by Mayor Bloomberg) to take their time "nagivating" the narrrow streets while doing their Bus Runs. And if any Emergency Services Vehicile just happen to need to pass them by, for a run, these bus driver members are simply to try to "Do Their Best" (If you call it that) to move the bus along. Just like the rumored "Slow Down" by the Sanitation Union to its members during this recent Snow Emergency. It "Could Be" now that the unions are all fighting agaginst each other in a case of "Survival"

SAD! - VERY SAD !!!

wow, thats all i have to say

i wonder why nobody even now has taken down the bus number and had the driver cited for failure to yield. seems to me the video is pretty damaging evidence. Sorry but those who gave the verbal orders for the slow down for sanitation as well as if anyone gave a verbal in this instance - lock em all up - that's all I have to say. And I read in the Post today that Bumberg had the odasity to compliment the sanitation commissioner for a job well done - even compared it to Katrina then again look at what a cluster that was.

Joe

Edited by joetnymedic

What an idiot!

Watch, the bus driver will get a way with it while the FF that ran up to the bus will probably get in trouble for calling the driver an A$$...

This well "may be" simply the MTA Members (Bus Drivers) being told by their Union Leaders (in repsonse to the "alleged" poor Snow Claen Up Management Job done by Mayor Bloomberg) to take their time "nagivating" the narrrow streets while doing their Bus Runs. And if any Emergency Services Vehicile just happen to need to pass them by, for a run, these bus driver members are simply to try to "Do Their Best" (If you call it that) to move the bus along. Just like the rumored "Slow Down" by the Sanitation Union to its members during this recent Snow Emergency. It "Could Be" now that the unions are all fighting agaginst each other in a case of "Survival"

SAD! - VERY SAD !!!

Since MTA does not answer (or negotiate) to NYC why would this be an issue? MTA is its own disaster, that sucks funds from everyone.

I don't know what to say but wow hope the bus driver gets a pink slip for the new year.

I don't know what to say but wow hope the bus driver gets a pink slip for the new year.

Before we start calling for the crucifixion of the bus driver we need to get the whole story/picture which that video clearly shows neither of. Unless some of you guys work/live in NYC you can't even being to comprehend how bad it actually was and how frustrating it was on the emergency services down here. Hopefully the administration will learn from this.

FACT: some of the MTA employees are perps. This is not the first, nor will it be the last time you see something like this. Bus drivers are constantly running reds and almost causing accidents

FACT: some of the MTA employees are perps. This is not the first, nor will it be the last time you see something like this. Bus drivers are constantly running reds and almost causing accidents

FACT: There are perps on EVERY job. Yours, mine, MTA, the San Man! Everyplace has its bad apples. I wouldn't be so quick to equate the actions or inaction of this bus driver, given the road conditions to that of a perp.

Hey your right we don't have the whole story but one thing you can see clear is he is taking his sweet ..... well time to move out of the way which I understand the conditions must have been bad but come on a little git up in your go wouldn't hurt.

Hey your right we don't have the whole story but one thing you can see clear is he is taking his sweet ..... well time to move out of the way which I understand the conditions must have been bad but come on a little git up in your go wouldn't hurt.

I agree, a little get up and go wouldn't hurt so long as there isn't any traffic just out of camera shot that we can't see that is blocking/preventing him from moving forward which I suspect is the case here. It would have served no one any good if this bus would have gotten involved in a 53 because the ECC kept laying on the horn for him to move.

FACT: There are perps on EVERY job. Yours, mine, MTA, the San Man! Everyplace has its bad apples.

True That!

UNBELIEVABLE!

I watched this a few times and it seems that there was no traffic in front of him and there appeared to be adequate room for him to move. If there was traffic in front of the bus I don't think the firemen would have been as angry with the bus driver beause then he would have nowhere to go but in this case it seems to be squarely on his shoulders. As far as the union slowdown issue, if this guy wanted to take his time, do it in regular traffic, not when a fire engine is responding to a job. Whatever it is, we don't know the whole story, just what we can deduce from watching the video.

The fireman on the PA was great, the PA can be a lot of fun on a slow night !

They have a steel front bumper, user it to puss the You know what outta the way if he wasn't going to do it. That would have sent the AMT drive a message really quick!

But I'm an outsider saying this so I don;t know how much trouble the boys would get into.

They have a steel front bumper, user it to puss the You know what outta the way if he wasn't going to do it. That would have sent the AMT drive a message really quick!

But I'm an outsider saying this so I don;t know how much trouble the boys would get into.

Are you typing on the sauce again? :P

Anyway, all things considered, it's a good thing that the company played it really cool. IT WAS CAUGHT ON CAMERA! No one looks bad here except the bus driver. Yes, if bus was pushed by rig.....big trouble.

Before we start calling for the crucifixion of the bus driver we need to get the whole story/picture which that video clearly shows neither of. Unless some of you guys work/live in NYC you can't even being to comprehend how bad it actually was and how frustrating it was on the emergency services down here. Hopefully the administration will learn from this.

The whole trouble is that you would think this is the first snow storm the City has ever seen, I remember years ago when this was the second nature and snow storms were the normal. I think that they need to try and get their heads out of their a**es and get better snow removal done.

Of course it is bad in the City, but to block an emergency vehicle is just plain bull crap, move the bus and make an effort to get out of the way and no criticism would be had.

Edited by FIRECHIEF63

From my personal experiance operating an abulance for the FDNY in Manhattan, and living in Brooklyn for the past 6 years, the people operating the MTA busses do so with zero regard for their surroundings. Numerous times I have had to dodge a bus that just pulled out of a busstop wihout signaling or been stuck behind one on a single lane one way street because the operator had jumped out real quick to get coffee. So the images of this video dont supprise me one bit. Perhapse since the city is going to start using cameras to enforce bus lanes, maybe they wll consider some kind of similar technology for vehicles that fail to yeild to emergency vehicles.

And upon carefuly listening to whats said to the driver by the firefighter at his window, it sounds like hes telling him that it is a fatal fire that they were responding too. This operator should have his liscense revoked.