Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Appalled at a local restaurant's comments about 9/11 and the Freedom Tower

42 posts in this topic

What does "haughty" mean?

Haha just kidding....thanks for qtiping...the world needs more of that.

Haha, no problem Chief, I'll try and pass it forward.

When I first read this thread I posted it too my facebook page and I am almost positive it got back to the owner in a rather quick fashion. I happen to know the owner and quite a few bartenders there as well. As a matter of fact, I was there not too long ago and they DTRT if you know what I mean. If you don't like what was said, don't go back there. I am sure they won't miss your business! I am sure we all may have known people that died on 9/11 so grow some thicker skin!

okcomputer likes this

When I first read this thread I posted it too my facebook page and I am almost positive it got back to the owner in a rather quick fashion. I happen to know the owner and quite a few bartenders there as well. As a matter of fact, I was there not too long ago and they DTRT if you know what I mean. If you don't like what was said, don't go back there. I am sure they won't miss your business! I am sure we all may have known people that died on 9/11 so grow some thicker skin!

Respectfully, at this point in the conversation, with the issue settled and everyone moving on, was this post really necessary?

Thats ok, he was posting his opinion. I for one am glad the place did the right thing. Now with all this snow and cold - You guys and gals stay safe out there.

Joe

wow

Yes the bartender made a completely idiotic comment, but are you really that surprised when someone makes a complete fool at themselves while trying to be funny? I attended a very liberal college in Massachusetts, and after 9/11, you should have heard the crazy hippy liberal crap I had to put up with, it got to a point where I didn't answer because no matter what, the blame was put on everyone else except the muslim extremists. Obviously he [the bartender] was speaking his mind, and he did it in a not so smart kind of way, but is it really that big of a deal to boycott the restaurant because of one a-hole? I say keep going to the place and don't tip that particular bartender forever, give the money to the waitresses instead they work harder than most bartenders anyways.

Respectfully, at this point in the conversation, with the issue settled and everyone moving on, was this post really necessary?

I think it was necessary! Sorry!

Oneeye I don't think you had to say sorry

I didn't get the memo that everyone was moving on. From my experience on forums the best way to reiterate that an issue like this is settled is to have the original poster or a moderator lock the thread.

On a side note, how were the other trivia questions and what types of prizes can be won?

Oneeye I don't think you had to say sorry

I didn't get the memo that everyone was moving on. From my experience on forums the best way to reiterate that an issue like this is settled is to have the original poster or a moderator lock the thread.

On a side note, how were the other trivia questions and what types of prizes can be won?

There wasn't a memo, there was a progression of the thread. Usually from reading the thread, one can get a sense of what direction it's headed. Welcome to the board newbie.

JohnnyOV and PEMO3 like this

Thank you. My apologies for the sarcasm.

Heck, I was only sticking in my two cents with the hope that this issue would be resolved. As a previous poster had pointed out, emergency services personnel just don't need any perceived bad publicity.....things are bad enough already.....

I think most of us members that have been around a while, always hope new members get involved with the board and post good information and opinions of value. The welcome to you is sincere.

Thank you. I will make sure to do my part in being constructive and informative. Thank you again for the warm welcome!!

efdcapt115 likes this