Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

EMT results

18 posts in this topic

well i recently took the NYS EMT class and i am still waiting for my results ( going on week 7) i know some people said that after 2 weeks if u recived nothing in the mail then u passed. i was wondering if this was still true or if the state has taken a longer time on getting the results to those who have taken the test.

anyone with any answers who could help me out would be awesome...

Thanks again

Ken

well i recently took the NYS EMT class and i am still waiting for my results ( going on week 7) i know some people said that after 2 weeks if u recived nothing in the mail then u passed. i was wondering if this was still true or if the state has taken a longer time on getting the results to those who have taken the test.

anyone with any answers who could help me out would be awesome...

Thanks again

Ken

Answers, no. but sympathy, yes. It was...22 years ago.... and yet I still remember the wait, it is unbearable. Instant scoring is no better, the print out for my medic being the longest 2 minutes of my life. All I can say is anyone who goes the distance and finishes EMT is a hero in my book. Trust me, you passed. If you didn't, then you practice and test again. At your tender age you still have a lifetime of community service ahead of you. Another week or two won't kill you.. but I know it feels like it will. Deep breath, you're going to be fine.

PFDRes47cue likes this

From what I understand, NYS usually sent out the letters saying you did NOT pass around 4 weeks or so after the exam, and you usually get your letter/number around 6 weeks after. It does happen that the state falls behind, especially now. I took the EMT exam last summer, and people who didn't pass received their letters at the same time as people who did (~6 weeks). The test before that was the same. I have a lot of friends who took this past exam and haven't heard anything yet, so you don't need to worry that yours got lost or anything, chances are you will hear within the next couple days/week.

You can try calling the local NYS DOH office. Not sure if they'll be able to help though.

NYS Department of Health

90 Church Street, 15th Flr

New York, New York 10007

PHONE: (212) 417-4455

FAX: (212) 417-4641

You can try calling the local NYS DOH office. Not sure if they'll be able to help though.

NYS Department of Health

90 Church Street, 15th Flr

New York, New York 10007

PHONE: (212) 417-4455

FAX: (212) 417-4641

They won't give you any results over the phone.

Would they have any idea on when people would get their results? I know the NYS DOH won't give results on the phone. Again, doubt they will be any help at all.

Would they have any idea on when people would get their results? I know the NYS DOH won't give results on the phone. Again, doubt they will be any help at all.

They aren't going to tell you anything over the phone. The time frame is 6-8 weeks, in my experience it usually ends up being 7-8 weeks. Seeing as you've waited seven, you may very well see you're results this week. Let's not forget that the weather has been very poor and may have delayed the results further. I'm sure you did fine.

With NYS lay-offs, Xmas, new years and snow delays, it could be longer than in the past. I don't think scoring EMT tests is the same priority with NYS as it is with the NYS EMT candidates! Mine has always taken 31-35 days.

That's why onsite is sooo much better... lol

My wife you took the test in December just got her results in the mail this afternoon, so keep an eye out for the mail and good luck.

Edited by shadow12083

Just FYI I just recived my paramedic resukt in the mail today. My test was in december 16th

I took my test the same day I got my results but oddly enough I heard the same thing about failing and hearing before everyone else, but a friend of mine failed by one point and got his today as well.

Talk to your instructor. They usually get a printout from the state with results well before you get results in the mail. Or at least they did years ago.

thanks for the help all...got them today and yes i passed!!!

thanks again

Ken

Congratulations. New EMT's deserve a point. It's only the beginning. Certification is the piece of paper that lets you turn lessons into a craft. Never stop learning and never stop asking questions. Keep an open heart and an open mind. Best wishes on the beginning of a spectacular experience. Make us proud.

Congratulations. New EMT's deserve a point. It's only the beginning. Certification is the piece of paper that lets you turn lessons into a craft. Never stop learning and never stop asking questions. Keep an open heart and an open mind. Best wishes on the beginning of a spectacular experience. Make us proud.

i always try to get as much experience i can... thank you

Congrats to the new EMT's & Paramedics! B)

It's hard to belive I became an EMT 20 years ago...