Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Spotted: Brand New White Seagrave At Excelsior

12 posts in this topic

On a photo hunt today, saw an apparently brand new white Seagrave cab w/ no striping (rest of the body wasn't visible) at Excelsior in Mamaroneck.

Any idea who this is going to? Only a handful of departments in the Excelsior area I can think of that are white.

Was up there last week picking up Ladder 2. It is a Seagrave 100 Ft Tiller, going to a Department in Southern Conn, I forgot the name. Beautiful truck, tons of storage, full complement of ground ladders.

Yup...I heard the same thing...tiller from CT.

White trucks.........New Haven?

I'd really love to know the name of the dept.

I'd think New Haven too, but I think Excelsior only represents Fairfield County, CT....could be wrong though...maybe New Haven County too.

Norwalk has white trucks, but they are not getting anything new and are a loyal Spartan fan. I can't recall any other white departments in Fairfield County, unless a department is trying something new.

I hope I can get some photos of this rig!!

you were there and got a pic of Eng 38, but no pics of the new white one...SHAME ON YOU

I just had a thought...

Maybe it is going to Suffern (Rockland County). They have a beautiful older white Seagrave tiller that's probaly due for replacing. I betcha thats whose it is.

Other than New Haven, I can't see anyplace in CT really having a white tiller.

X635,

When I was there the guys said it was going to a Conn Dept and now that you mentioned New Haven, I think that sounds right. It is a shame that you didnt take any pictures of it, did you two run out of space on the cameras?

Hey doug--your chassis and body look pretty sharp--then again so does the platform and the ladder--when are they supposed to put it all together? No one down there wanted to answer me on our trip down today. That is some killer overhang in the rear though. Good luck with that rig. Our engine should be out of there(plant 7)next week.

Most likely to New Haven to replace Truck 2 (Howard Ave) or Truck 4 (Newhall/Dixwell).

Both the Truck 2 and the Truck 4 currently in service are Seagrave tillers (80's vintage) and have seen a lot of use. New Haven also uses an all white with white reflective stripe for their apparatus.

Interesting that they went with Seagrave. The last six of New Haven's new Engines have been Pierce Quantums.

Thanks for the info, mpalmer. Also informed by msm that this is going to New Haven. Should be a pretty hot truck once it's done. One of these rigs would look mighty sweet in Stamford as well!!

Couldn't get photos of it because it was parked in the garage, a very tight fit with poor lighting. I'm hoping Rick or Carl will send in photos of this, and/or I will be going on a hunt to New Haven.