Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdny2003

Baseball Cards

16 posts in this topic

I have a question hopefully someone on here can help with; I have two big binders full of old baseball cards majority of them from my uncles so going back some 30+ years. They have been kept in plastic sleeves and most are in pretty good condition considering age. I'm trying to see if there's anyplace around here I can go to, to get the cards appraised for lack of better words. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Go to a book store and get a Beckett magizine price guide and look them up.

There is a place in New Windsor called the BULLPEN near the five corners ,i think it is on Old Forge road but not sure . The Phone # is in the book . There is a second place called Champion sports cards in Red Oaks Mill on Vassar Road their # is also in the book . Either of those places should help you but if you can go to the bullpen first.

Go to a book store and get a Beckett magizine price guide and look them up.

The beckett book is a good place if you know how to use it it can get a little tricky as you look at a card # it gives you and average price and a high price my dad usta be a sports card dealer and still does alot of stuff with cards if you like p.m me a # to call u at and some info on the cards like the brand and such and i can prob. help you out just cuse there in sleves and in good condition dosent mean there worth anything

There is a place in New Windsor called the BULLPEN near the five corners ,i think it is on Old Forge road but not sure . The Phone # is in the book . There is a second place called Champion sports cards in Red Oaks Mill on Vassar Road their # is also in the book . Either of those places should help you but if you can go to the bullpen first.

Champion dosent do alot with sports cards y they changeed there name to champion sports and paintball there more of paintball and comic type cards now they were last time i was there but they still might be able to help you could also give drangions den a call on rt. 9 in the toys r us plaza

I have some really good sets of baseball cards. However, I was told they had no value in today's society.

I have some really good sets of baseball cards. However, I was told they had no value in today's society.

They say any cards pre 1980 are still worth something, post 1980 unless its a special; card (rookie cards etc.)

I think they still have the baseball card and collectibles shows at the Westchester County Center. Loads of dealers there that you can talk to. They used to have them a couple of times a year. Might want to check it out.

Is there a Mark Mcgwire rookie card ???

Edited by gss131

A majority of the cards are from the mid-late 70's, with a few mid-late 80's and some early 90's. They've been sitting under my bed for a while I take them out to make sure they're clean, but never really got into them. I'd have to look through to see if there's a Mcgwire card, there may be.

There used to be a place in New Rochelle called Squiggy's Dugout. I don't know of it's still there. Check the phone book or wait a day and Bnechis will reply to this post withall the info on it.

OR

You could bend them over and using a wooden clothespin, clip them on the fender supports of a one speed Schwinn. Really cool. It makes a noise like a motorcycle.

Glossary:

Schwinn (SHHH win) Noun a brand name of bicycle

Clothespin (Close pin) Noun a part for a solar powered clothes dryer

Disclaimer:

Old guys like me, contrary to urban legend, DID NOT use the good cards like Mantle, Maris, Robinson, Snyder, Williams, for bicycle motors. We may not have been financial experts but we knew the "good" cards from the bad. I suspect my mother threw them out and blamed the disappearance on me or my brother. You do not question your mother's theories.

efdcapt115 likes this

Is there a Mark Mcgwire rookie card ???

Linger longer.... :)

I believe the Mark McGwire card started out relatively small, got real big towards the end of his career then shrunk down to almost nothing.

I could be wrong.... :rolleyes: