Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bad box

"Standing Up For America's Firefighters" ... from MSNBC's "The Ed Show"

4 posts in this topic

Thanks for the link. Nice to see someone taking notice. For years it's been said that the IAFF is one of the largest Democratic Party supporting unions, made up of mostly republicans. With much more of this war on our retirements and insurance benefits, they may find many more of us voting along the Union line.

Thanks for the link. Nice to see someone taking notice. For years it's been said that the IAFF is one of the largest Democratic Party supporting unions, made up of mostly republicans. With much more of this war on our retirements and insurance benefits, they may find many more of us voting along the Union line.

I agree completely, I've been a registered Republican for 34 years. I'm totally dismayed with the GOP. They lobbied against the 9/11 First Responders Heath Care (Zadroga) Bill ... I actually had a Congressman from Florida inform me that Zadroga - 9/11 was a 'local N.Y. issue', to which I replied, "Yeah, just like the attack on Pearl Harbor was a 'local Hawaii issue'" ... The problem as I see it is that the Republican Party has been hijacked by very wealthy CEO's whose mission is to use the system to enhance the business interests of themselves and their corporate pals (They are also taking over the 'Tea Party'). The middle class is merely a source of funding to these arrogant 'businessmen'...

Let's face it, politicians are just a bunch of blood suckers out for their own preservation. They will mostly do whatever they have to so they look good before the general public. Cut pensions, cut budgets to emergency services etc.