Followers 0
Task Force 7

Apparatus photos from Ohio

8 posts in this topic

Barberton, Ohio Purple Engine

100_09552.jpg

Barberton, Ohio Ladder 1

100_09592.jpg

Cleveland, Ohio (Ladder 4 filling in at Station 1)

100_09792.jpg

Columbus, Ohio Engine 6

100_09282.jpg

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio Engine 1

100_0967.jpg

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio Ladder 5

100_09782.jpg

All photos were taken by Task Force 7 back in August of 2010. :)

efdcapt115, BFD1054 and FF398 like this

Task Force, awesome shots, thanks for sharing!

Quick question, is the Barberton FD a career Dept? Hard to tell by that sticker on the Engine :P . Just kidding, but holy IAFF sticker batman lol. I actually like that they're showing true pride in their union. Definately a unique color for an FD apparatus. Also, any reason why the Engine is purple and the Truck is the more common red and white?

Also, i too like that Engine from Columbus. The Spartan chassis have really grown on me and they seem to make good quality rigs.

Cuyahoga Falls Engine 1 actually clears the door to fit in the bay. Talk about a tight fit. :blink:

Cuyahoga Falls Engine 1 actually clears the door to fit in the bay. Talk about a tight fit. :blink:

Thats what E247 looks like pulling out of Millwood! Not an inch of room for error..... Like accidentally leaving the deck gun up on top of the rig!!!!

Thats what E247 looks like pulling out of Millwood! Not an inch of room for error..... Like accidentally leaving the deck gun up on top of the rig!!!!

Or snow on the ground. With so many rigs leaving no room for error if all the ice and snow is not removed from the apron near the door it could be the difference between clearing and hitting.

efdcapt115 likes this

There's actually about 12 inches or so from the top of the Engine to the top of the door. I have another picture some where that shows the rig from the right side, and you can see the height clearance better.

Has for why Barberton went with a purple Sutphen....I have no idea. They have two white over red E-One Quints. (Ladder 1 that I posted above and a 75' single rear axle also.) The other apparatus that I saw at Station 1 downtown I believe was white and yellow if I remember correctly. Barberton is a paid FD with 46 full-time firefighters. They operate out of two stations. It's part of the Dept. of Public Safety. Ladder 1 was leaving Station 2, and the purple Engine and the 75' Quint (that's not posted above) were fighting a fire when I took those photos.

Here's a shot of Engine 1 from the right side.

100_09642a.jpg

Here's Norton Tanker 2618 supplying water in Barberton.

100_09582.jpg

Here's Norton Engine 2623 on scene in Barberton.

100_09532.jpg

(Right after taking these photos the Police removed everyone from the area.) :o