Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
radioman

Tarrytown Riverside 1965 Seagrave

15 posts in this topic

Glad to see it coming back to life, good luck with it . Now can some one tell me what happend to the older Seagrave from your company,has it been forgotten about or just put on the back burner!

on the back burner for now waiting for the motor to get back from rebuild its a v12 gas hard to get parts for it.

on the back burner for now waiting for the motor to get back from rebuild its a v12 gas hard to get parts for it.

V12!! I wouldn't be in such a rush with the price of gas. How many gallons to the mile must that thing get? :D Sounds like it must have been a real beast in it's day.

Is this the same one that was sitting at the Tarrytown Fire Training Center? (photo taken in 2006)

Was the engine by any chance a Waukesha?

post-11-0-24218100-1298938039.jpg

Yea, but, are all 5 privatley owned or are they all parts trucks for 1 or 2 trucks?

Yea, but, are all 5 privatley owned or are they all parts trucks for 1 or 2 trucks?

5 engines 1 Fox [last piston pumper made] 2 Ward LaFrances [complete] 2 Seagraves [ 1 in paint other getting new engine rebuild] so thats 5 Steve. plus a parts truck!

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Holy cow, das alot of parade pieces there. Good for them it shows they are proud of where they came from and want to perserve there past.

post-11-0-35259900-1299283220.jpg

So, does anyone know if these 5 antiques are privatley owned or department/company owned?

So, does anyone know if these 5 antiques are privatley owned or department/company owned?

To the best of my knowledge, Hope Hose Company owns their old Fox, Riverside Hose Company owns both of their old Seagraves, and Consolidated Engine Company either owns both old Ward LaFrances or 1 is company owned and the other is privately owned by company members.

O.K. I gotcha gpdexplorer, I think the 1974 ward is privatley owned according to lfd171's site on tarrytowns page but other than that all others are owned by the companies, thanks a bunch, steve.

The Seagrave V-12s were definitely power houses once you got the double cluthching mastered.

The WPFD had three Seagraves, two had the small motors and one had the big V-12.

I would put it up against anything that is out there today as far as power is concerned.