Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PEMO3

Get ready for "SUPER MOON"

10 posts in this topic

Tomorrow evening the moon will rise in the east at approximately 7:35 pm and be the closest it has ever been to earth. It will appear 14-20% larger than normal in addition to being a full moon. Guaranteed to be impressive.

Full Moon = increase in EDPs, image what Super Moon will bring. :o

efdcapt115 likes this

The silly name "Super Moon" was coined by an astrologer.... you know, the lady with the turban who reads lines on your hand and tells you your future. It's crppp.

But what IS real is the reality of ANY full moon on a Friday or Saturday. And even an almost full moon is bad-- 2 days before the full is when the ER/EMS chaos actually starts. I worked last night in a local "small community ER" and dealt with babies "accidentally" fed Adderall, a PCP smoker convinced he's gonna swallow his tongue who needed 20 of Haldol and 3 of Cogentin just to calm him down, a kid who drank 2- 40's and 10 shots of Yeigermeister and can't understand why he's vomiting up his breakfast from 3 days ago and his socks... and tonight was even worse. Full house by 3pm and they still kept coming. And fighting. And screaming.

Please, EMS, police and my fellow ER staff: BE CAREFUL.The worst of people comes out on EVERY SINGLE FULL MOON, and starts 2 nights before the actual full moon presents itself. The moon pulls on water. People are comprised of over 70% water. Brains are bathed in water. Add mental illness and/or drugs and you are virtually guaranteed someone normally in control now completely out of control and ready to fight AND HURT YOU IF YOU LET THEM.

20 years as an ER RN and I have NEVER, EVER, EVER had a mellow 2 nights before full moon OR a full moon night. Never. Consider yourself forewarned and therefore forearmed.

Be safe.

Tapout

There is no tide in your brain. Everything at all times is experiencing the effect of the moon's gravity. Water is fluid so the differences in the the moon's gravity are visible. This does not mean that the moon is not also pulling on the land, trees, brains, and bones. Tides are the result of differences in this gravity. On the far side of the earth from the moon the gravity is less because it is further away. The difference in your brain between the near and far side is too small for there to be any fluid shift.

In 1991 James Kelly and several other researchers published a meta analysis of all the studies concerning moon phase affects on human behavior titled "the moon was full and nothing happened". In over 100 studies none have been able to demonstrate a statistical bump from the moon. This weekend will be nuts in the ER and on the streets because its going to be sunny and warm. Good luck and be safe out there.

Work in any ER or on the streets as EMS for 3 consecutive full moons. You'll THEN get my point. Till then, though, you just honestly don't get it.

No studies among scientists in controlled environments will back what we KNOW in the real world.

It's not about the tides in your brain. There are none, dude. It IS however, about the water bathing that brain and the magnetic pull the moon has over all of that water. To those who get my point, having actually been there: Be careful and be safe.

Be careful and don't let your guard down. If you do, as a former trauma RN, I'll be waiting for you with bilat 14g's. You soooo totally don't want that. Trust me.

T.O.

Edited by Tapout

boy oh boy... im glad i took vacation days... :P

When they said Super Moon, I first though of this.................... :D

post-2893-0-53159500-1300535407.jpg

You (or who evers "moon" that is) needs to go to a dermatologist :P

PFDRes47cue likes this

Work in any ER or on the streets as EMS for 3 consecutive full moons. You'll THEN get my point. Till then, though, you just honestly don't get it.

No studies among scientists in controlled environments will back what we KNOW in the real world.

It's not about the tides in your brain. There are none, dude. It IS however, about the water bathing that brain and the magnetic pull the moon has over all of that water. To those who get my point, having actually been there: Be careful and be safe.

Be careful and don't let your guard down. If you do, as a former trauma RN, I'll be waiting for you with bilat 14g's. You soooo totally don't want that. Trust me.

T.O.

My ambulance has been parked on 163 & Westchester, Southern & 167, and 149 & Union in the Bronx for many full moons as a medic and I was scattered all over the north Bronx as an EMT. I've done my share of shenanigans filled evenings with EDPs, PCP abusers and the latest inductees to the knife and gun club. There is not a correlation between the moon and the stupid.

I'm going to go with selective memory to explain this one. The big incidents or crazy nights that happen on or near a full moon reinforce a previously held notion. This causes a stronger emotional response and makes a stronger memory. Then years later when you reflect back on all your "bilat 14g's" all those events near a full moon are clearer in your mind. The research is there. Read for yourself, The Google knows all...

Medic137 and NurseMedic like this

You (or who evers "moon" that is) needs to go to a dermatologist :P

What??? Don't like the "man in the moon"???.................. :P

Oh wait that sounds sooooo wrong!!!!! :lol:

efdcapt115 and Bnechis like this