Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

New Caterpillar CT660 Vocational Truck

6 posts in this topic

Just found out that Caterpillar released a new "vocational" or over-the-road truck chassis in late March, and it sure does look interesting... I never thought that CAT would move into this market, but here we are! Seems to me that a chassis like this could certainly see use as a tanker in the fire service...

Heres a link to some photos and information: http://www.holtcat.com/Industries/On_Highway_Trucks_and_RV/CT660.aspx

For those truck nuts out there, I think you'll agree it looks like a lot like a re-invention of the International Paystar 5000 series. What do you think?

**After writing this, I found that Navistar (International) and CAT did in fact partner up for this project, which is why the cab is the same as the 5000 series - however the hood and front fenders have been redesigned.

Edited by BedfordFire
x635 likes this

those things are beauties. I think it looks more like a Volvo though. But its sharp. I really like it

I will be stalking my local Holt Cat dealer here in Austin....I love the way this truck looks!

I will be stalking my local Holt Cat dealer here in Austin....I love the way this truck looks!

dont u think you will get in trouble for that???