Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Apology For Recent EMTBravo Downtime

3 posts in this topic

Members,

I truly apologize for the extensive recent downtime of the EMTBravo websites.

On Monday night, I transferred to a new server with a new host, after weeks of preparation. I expected it to be a flawless and quick move, and only briefly cause downtime during the overnight hours, but obviously that wasn't the case.

I ran into multiple different issues. As soon as one issue was resolved, it seems another popped up. It was mostly issues relating to our "address" on the internet. I have been working basically 24/7 to resolve the issues and get the sites back online. It has been an extremly frusterating few days.

Unfortunetly, this took down our mail server as well, so I had no way of notifying the majority of the membership, and my email was down as well. I was posting updates on Facebook, and you can check that site even if you're not a Facebook member.

I have my fingers crossed that this isn't the case, but if you are still having issues, or someone you know is, the problem may be on your local personal computer. The way to resolve this issue as soon as possible is to flush your DNS cache. To do this, Google "Flush DNS Cache" and follow the site with the easiest instructions applicable to your OS. Most likely,you will need to go to you Start Menu -> Run and enter ipconfig /flushdns and click OK.

Again, I apologize to the membership and staff for the inconvienence that the unexpected downtime caused. I thank you for your patience, understanding, and loyalty.

Seth G.

*Please report any issues that you may find to me at the following email address: seth@emtbravo.com *

Seth,

I, as well as most (if not all) of the membership, appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Thanks for keeping things running and upgrading the systems as needed.

x635 likes this

2nd what lalautze said....

You think people would be much more outwardly appreciative of your work on this. I have no idea about the technical stuff that you had to deal with, but I already notice the site is much faster on this new server.

Thanks again Seth AND staff for your dedication to this site.....it really is an invaluable resource to this community.

xfirefighter484x, x635 and 27east like this