Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Vernon Ambulance MVA 4-28-11 (Discussion Thread)

7 posts in this topic

Very dramatic accident judging by the photo. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.

Was the ambulance responding at the time, I know this location is near the Transcare base but doesn't Transcare also provide EMS in Mount Vernon? Also, was the ambulance broadsided? It's very easy for Type II's to flip.

9 injured after ambulance, 3 other vehicles crash

Written by

Danielle De Souza

MOUNT VERNON — Nine people were hurt Thursday afternoon after an ambulance, two cars and an SUV crashed at South Fulton and Fifth Street.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110429/NEWS02/104290339/9-injured-after-ambulance-3-other-vehicles-crash?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Westchester County, New York

from news 12 -

the reporter stated the ambulance was responding to a call.

and witnesses told news 12 that the ambulance was broadsided.

Do the ambulances in Mt. Vernon have a drive-cam in place? I know some of the Transcare medic fly cars do have them, I just think they are a great tool to help drivers learn from the mistakes of others, but more importantly, to help clear ambulance drivers of wrong-doing (if warranted) in an accident such as this.

Do the ambulances in Mt. Vernon have a drive-cam in place?

Yes they do. They record before and after it's tripped. But I forget how many seconds it records for. It's something like 15secs before and after.

Yes they do. They record before and after it's tripped. But I forget how many seconds it records for. It's something like 15secs before and after.

Huh?

How can it record "before it is tripped"?

The camera is in a constant state of recording so to speak...it then saves the 15 (or w/e it's set to) seconds before and after it's tripped. They can also be set off manually.

Thank you for helping to clarify.

The cameras are triggered when you stepp too hard on the break or when there's a hit (of significant force).

You can also make them record yourself, by hitting a button on the camera. This is so you can record something that is going on in the back, incase it might be an issue.