Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New FDNY Ferrara Hazmat 1 Enters Construction?

7 posts in this topic

It's not an Inferno chassis, the info is wrong. It's the same chassis as the new rescues.

Any new info on the new HAZMAT rig? Is it going to be replacing the HM-1 rig or supplement it? Will the current HM-1 become a spare?

According to Ferrara's website, progress on the rig is going smoothly. It's a Ferrara Ultra chassis(the same as FDNY's new Rescues and Ladders by Ferrara) with what looks like a walk-in rescue body. My guess is that it will be replacing the current Haz-Mat. 1 and Haz-Mat. 1's current Ferrara will be a spare.

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Could it be a replacement to HM1's 2nd piece? Although, that would defeat the purpose of it being a walk in...

I do not think this truck is replacing the current Hazmat 1. The current Hazmat 1 is not that old, I believe 2007. This could posibbly be replacing Hazmat Support 1 (picuted bellow), a 2002 KW. just my 2 cents

5945017138_4546d85feb_z.jpg

Edited by firedude

Any new info on the new HAZMAT rig? Is it going to be replacing the HM-1 rig or supplement it? Will the current HM-1 become a spare?

It will be the new HM-1 and the existing unit will be a fully stocked spare for when the front line piece is getting serviced or if an event warrants call back personnel.

A new second piece is finished being spec'd out and should be going out to bid anytime.

Stay safe.