Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Caught on Tape: Suspect Steals Police Car, Crashes Into Truck

6 posts in this topic

My leg's broke... my leg's broke... [pu... uh kitty cat whimper] my leg's broke...

And this absolute PIECE OF SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSomething I can't say here expects sympathy???? I feel for the truck driver, but God, that has to make him feel good knowing he brought scum like this to a stop. I can only imagine his first thought when he was it was a Police Cruiser though.

Props to John Q Public for seeing the officer in distress, getting out, (lol) throwing his hat to the ground and approaching the suspect with the officer. Smart move? Probably not, but still, if that were me, I wouldn't have hesitated a second seeing and officer in distress...

Did the initial officer draw his firearm at all? I am kind of surprised he was still attempting to subdue the subject with a taser once he was at/in the cruiser.

Am I Monday morning quarterbacking? No, I am just curious since we cannot see what is happening outside the frame.

I am very glad the important people in this incident (namely anyone but the suspect) were not seriously harmed. As for him, I think the piece of.... umm... garbage... can rot away in the festering corner of a jail cell for the rest of his days. Of course some lawyer will end up defending this scum, and plead insanity by way of intoxication, or whatever, I don't know all the legal terms, but we all know in the long run, people like this will skate with a metaphorical slap on the wrist... Sad state our justice system is in these days...

batt2 likes this

After watching the video, I did not see any justification for using a firearm. That said after the taser did not work, and the suspect continues to fight, the officer had no other options other than hand to hand,pepper spray or the extendable baton, and attempt to contain until other units arrived. The officer did his best to try to contain the suspect in the area until back up arrived. In an open area like a street, this is not an easy thing to do. Even in an enclosed area this can be difficult to do. Imagine the public outcry if this officer did shoot the suspect. As for disabling the radio or the vehicle, I am not sure how many agencies actually purchase this feature.

Our INTAC unit (in service tactical training) shows videos like this one all the time, not to Monday morning quarterback, but as a learning tool. What could have been done differently to prevent this out come..

Here is another video, this one from the Bronx with an EDP (yes the naked guy on a train) The officer is alone, with no Taser,( as the in the NYPD only the supervisor carries one.) Look at the difficulty he has keeping him in one area. In this video the officer could have contained the EDP in the subway car, by having the conductor shut the doors after evacuating the train.

\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUYYeS7gA40&feature=related

Edited by grumpyff

IMO, This guy should have been shot - Dead ....... But then "Big Al" would have had more fodder.......You can bet that he will continue to commit more acts of stupidity, crime, and violence....... Hopefully nobody innocent will be hurt/killed at his hands... I found it kinda entertaining how "MR Tough Guy" was crying that he can't breathe........

As far as killing an engine remotely as in a situation like this goes..... You could do it using something many dispatch centers already have........... A Knox Box encoder...... Wouldn't be too hard to do.......

I didn't see an instance where the officer could have used deadly physical force but what I did see is an officer that was afraid to use the amount of force necessary to put down the resistance of the suspect due to the presence of a camera in the car. The taser didn't work and this guy took a fighting stance with the officer after the officer told him to put his hands behind his back, at that point the male was violently resisting arrest. The officer should have used his baton at this point but I wasn't there and can't judge from the video how this should have been handled.

The one thing I can tell you for sure is that when the perp hit the truck, that should have been lights out for the suspect, DOA now that would have been justice !