Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Devastating Tornado In Joplin, MO

13 posts in this topic

2 firehouses and the Fire Chief's house destroyed, which is sure to throw a wrench in rescue operations. Any word on donations being set up to support the guys down there?

I saw this on the News this morning, and then on the Today Show. I can't believe it. This town is where I always stop to grab a bite to eat, fill-up, or even stay overnight on my way to, or from Milwaukee. My prayers go out to all the people of this town!

death toll up to 119 now and rising. No word on local red cross heading out there yet as some of them are still helping with the Alabama tornado. They're calling for the possibility of more over the next few days out there.

Just saw footage of two of their firehouses, both destroyed and the apparatus crushed underneath. Firefighters were digging to get as many tools as they can.

Also, besides their two hospitals, their Medical helicopter was destroyed as well.

post-11-0-95105700-1306255555.jpg

(AP PHOTO)

Just saw that it was confirmed as the highest rated EF-5 on the Fujita scale. Many more tornadoes out in Oklahoma today too. 1 of which killed about 4 people near El Reno, Oklahoma.

Just heard there under another tornado warning

This one hit the regional medical center head on. Already 89 dead and rising. These natural disasters are becoming quite frequent lately.

http://news.yahoo.co..._midwest_storms

First, I want to express my condolences and to all who are affected by this disaster.

/begin rant.

However, I feel the need to get on my soap-box to point something out. A little less than six years ago, there was another natural disaster that resulted in large-scale casualties. The president at the time was crucified in the media for what was called a "slow response," an "inept response," and the like. I believe that he went to the disaster site within three days; although I cannot remember the exact number of days between the when the event happened and when the president vistied the site, I don't think it was more than a week. Now, almost six years later, we have a new president who, according to the very same media, is akin to the 2nd Coming of Christ, as the sun rises and sets solely upon Him and He can do no wrong. Yet, he's too busy having tea and crumpets with the Queen of England, and stated that he'll visit Joplin, Missouri on Sunday, a full week after the disaster occured. Does anyone see the double standard here? Even if he was on an important diplomatic mission, he could have dispatched any one of his deputies, like the VP, to the area. Why are in-need Americans taking second fiddle to a family that is a mere figurehead of another country?

/end rant.

First, I want to express my condolences and to all who are affected by this disaster.

/begin rant.

However, I feel the need to get on my soap-box to point something out. A little less than six years ago, there was another natural disaster that resulted in large-scale casualties. The president at the time was crucified in the media for what was called a "slow response," an "inept response," and the like. I believe that he went to the disaster site within three days; although I cannot remember the exact number of days between the when the event happened and when the president vistied the site, I don't think it was more than a week. Now, almost six years later, we have a new president who, according to the very same media, is akin to the 2nd Coming of Christ, as the sun rises and sets solely upon Him and He can do no wrong. Yet, he's too busy having tea and crumpets with the Queen of England, and stated that he'll visit Joplin, Missouri on Sunday, a full week after the disaster occured. Does anyone see the double standard here? Even if he was on an important diplomatic mission, he could have dispatched any one of his deputies, like the VP, to the area. Why are in-need Americans taking second fiddle to a family that is a mere figurehead of another country?

/end rant.

Ask anyone that went down to the Gulf during Rita/Katrina, there is a huge difference between a single town being destroyed and the entire gulf coast needing assistance and a major metropolitan city under water.

If you read the reports surfacing from Joplin, they have all the help they need, they said everyone with a stethoscope for 150 miles was in Joplin assisting. What they need is supplies and well wishes, not a full scale FEMA activaction...

BTW the president offered FEMA assistance three days ago to Mo. and they have been on the ground since day 1.

BTW the president offered FEMA assistance three days ago to Mo. and they have been on the ground since day 1.

That's nice. But has the leader of the free world actually been there himself? No. He's too busy on yet another glorified taxpayer-funded vacation instead of tending to his people.

Ask anyone that went down to the Gulf during Rita/Katrina, there is a huge difference between a single town being destroyed and the entire gulf coast needing assistance and a major metropolitan city under water.

If you read the reports surfacing from Joplin, they have all the help they need, they said everyone with a stethoscope for 150 miles was in Joplin assisting. What they need is supplies and well wishes, not a full scale FEMA activaction...

As with Katrina, the White House offered assistance immediately. In fact, it was offered for the national guard and the lion share of FEMA assets to head to the Gulf long before the true nature of how bad Katrina was really assessed.... The White House was told to stand down by the former quack governor of Louisiana... By the time she realized that she needed help, it was too late. The White House took the fall as being slow and unresponsive. Just listen to the liberal media and they can get Americans to believe anything they want.