Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Westchester County Police New Color Scheme?

41 posts in this topic

I'm not in our fleet management so I am not 100% certain. But, what I do know is that all the blue/white cars are brand new and were just placed in service this month. The only repaint that I know of was a car that was returning from the body shop and had to be repainted anyway. Our department has also been doing repainting of retired patrol cars so they can be used by our detectives or other units. So instead of buying new unmarked cars, when a patrol car is removed from front line patrol service, it may be repainted and reassigned. I'm told that by doing this they're extending the useful life of cars and saving money on new ones. This may be the repainting that everyone is buzzing about.

I'm confused- County employees set up the county cars?

For the most part, all the cars accessories are installed at the County PD garage. Thety are also stripped there.

I'm not in our fleet management so I am not 100% certain. But, what I do know is that all the blue/white cars are brand new and were just placed in service this month. The only repaint that I know of was a car that was returning from the body shop and had to be repainted anyway. Our department has also been doing repainting of retired patrol cars so they can be used by our detectives or other units. So instead of buying new unmarked cars, when a patrol car is removed from front line patrol service, it may be repainted and reassigned. I'm told that by doing this they're extending the useful life of cars and saving money on new ones. This may be the repainting that everyone is buzzing about.

They are not repainting any current white cars to match this scheme. They current scheme will be phased out over the next few years.

Glad our county is in a fiscal crisis according to Rob Astorino... You look at their parking lot and see all new cars, trucks, whatever they need I guess... I hear they even paid to repaint some of the newer white cars. No, that's not wasteful spending. Nice job Rob!

Wrong. They are not and have not repainted any white cars the 2 tone colors.

I remember seeing a pic (somehwere) of the blue and white scheme, but with the door stripes surrounding the patch and just "County Police" on the lower part of the doors. I'll try to find it.

What are the white domes on the trunk?

GPS and computer. Maybe Lojack, not sure about that though.

I like all white with the same stripping they are using on the new scheme cars, like NJSP.

I remember seeing a pic (somehwere) of the blue and white scheme, but with the door stripes surrounding the patch and just "County Police" on the lower part of the doors. I'll try to find it.

What are the white domes on the trunk?

They experimented with a few different schemes, both blue and white, but some difference in stripping, this was the final one chosen.

Anyone who has been in Law Enforcement long enough knows not to take anything that you "Hear" as truth until you can verify it yourself and even then you should still doubt it a bit.

Referring to Rob Astorino as the "boss" of the county police just because he is the county exec. would be like me saying that phil amicone is my boss just because he is the mayor of yonkers - It wouldn't make sense.

I wouldn't mind paying extra taxes if it meant that my brothers and sisters in the county police or any police department for that matter could have the newest and the best equipment on the market.

As I said in my prior post, with all the money that this county spends on social welfare, nobody should have ANYTHING bad to say about the county cops getting new cars with a paint job that may cost a little more per car.

In many municipalities, vehicles are purchased through the Capital Improvement Plan which is voted on by the legislative body at least a year in advance so the cars keep coming in when you need them. I remember 7 or 8 years ago when yonkers didn't vote on a CIP and instead of having a fleet or regular cars and a fleet of spares, we had half a fleet of spares, thats is, we had no cars, the DPW guys tried their best to keep us at the bare minimum but there is only so much you can do with a car that is a few years old and runs 24/7 up and down the hills of yonkers.

Thank God the county PD has kept up their fleet and has new cars coming in.. those guys and gals put a hell of a lot of miles on those cars and at times drive at some pretty high speeds so they need and deserve the best no matter what the cost !!

islander likes this

I'm usually the first one to associate posts with politics but this time I have to throw a flag on the play. To think that Rob astorino has any say with the color scheme on the county police cars is pure nonsense.

I was involved in a pursuit that the county PD had in Yonkers the other night and that was the first time I had seen the new colors and after ribbing a county cop I knew about them converting to the colors of the new york mets ( which I totally agree with) I told those guys that I liked the new colors. The colors look sharp and professional and they stand out. This is one topic that politics can 100% be left out of. The amount of money spent on the new colors is negligible compared to what the county spends on welfare, section 8, etc.... I would rather see the money go to the PD all day !!!!

Perfectly stated!

Here are some of my photos that I took yesturday at Fleet Demo Day.

5818943381_4020561efd_z.jpg

5818808175_396950285c_z.jpg

5818940167_f817a4b00f_z.jpg

5819488700_fed8d14a3b_z.jpg

5818926039_41d923b9e6_z.jpg

5819383482_f7cc0270ef_z.jpg

I know in the past that some "chief's" when they get made like to change the color's of the cars! I know for a fact it happened in Mt Pleasant BITD! I personally don't like the new WCDPS color scheme. That's just me though!