Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Cont. Village FD

13 posts in this topic

Continential Village FD exists in both Weschester and Putman? I thought they were located in the town of Cortlandt. Are there two seperate CVFDs?

Nope...just one CVFD. And yes, they fall under the Town of Cortlandt, but i don't believe the entire district is in Cortlandt. I know that they cover a pretty big area in Cortlandt, including the area of the "Rock-Cut" and all of Bear Mountain Bridge Rd. & the Annsville Circle. But the areas that border Putnam Valley & Garrison are the areas that are technically in Putnam County as far as i am aware and that is why they are dispatched by both 40 (Putnam 911 now?) & 60 Controls. Peekskill EMS covers the majority, if not all of CVFD's district.

Maybe someone that has more knowledge of that area can add more or correct me if i am wrong. Hope my little bit of info could help.

Continental Village FD does in fact cover parts of Westchester and Putnam County's. As a matter of fact, Continental Village is dispatched by Putnam 911. Peekskill VAC provides coverage on the Westchester County side while Garrison VAC provides EMS for the Putnam County side.

The Continental Fire Department not only covers part of the Town of Cortlandt in Westchester and Town of Philipstown in Putnam but the firehouse sits literally on the county line.

The firehouse in on Spy Pond Rd, off of Highland Dr in the Cortlandt Lake community.

The CVFD's primary dispatch is through Putnam County but has communication ability for Westchester. Further more, every vehicle is assigned two sets of identifiers. One for Putnam, one for Westchester.

The Town of Cortlandt is in contract with the CVFD for it's fire protection. The current contract is $71,000 a year for 2005, 2006 and 2007 per the Town of Cortlandts Meeting minutes of 10/04. I would imagine they have a similar agreement with the Town of Philipstown

Westchester numbers:

2131, 2132, 2133

Engines 230 & 231

Rescue 39

Tanker 11

Marine ??

Mini-Attack ??

Putnam numbers:

14-1-1, 14-1-2, 14-1-3

Engines: 14-2-1, 14-2-2

Rescue: 14-6-1

Tanker: 14-4-1

I miss anything or make any mistakes?

Croton Falls Fire Department Mostly in Westchester also covers a small part of Putnam Co. Dispatched by 60 (Even into putnam) North Salem Vac also covers the same small part of putnam.

Croton Falls Fire Department Mostly in Westchester also covers a small part of Putnam Co.  Dispatched by 60 (Even into putnam) North Salem Vac also covers the same small part of putnam.

Yeah, it's kinda wacky--- we have to go out of our district to get to calls in it.

Its soo weird how these things are worked out. In my area, there is a road called Reynolds Lane. Houses & businesses there have a Buchanan mailing address, but they are in the Montrose Fire District. The Montrose FD has to respond past Buchanan Firehouse & into Peekskill (Welcher Ave. area) to get to Reynolds Lane lol. Never understood that, but thats the way it works & i'm sure many districts have similar areas like this.

BFD1054,

Little off the topic, but Chester Heights in lower westchester has Bronxville PO, Tuckahoe Schools, Eastchester Public Services, and Pelham phone numbers. Talk about having places want nothing to do with you.

Hey everybody. Just wanted to answer all the questions out there about CVFD. I am the 2nd lieutenant and we do have a pretty wacky setup. The driveway to the firehouse (spy pond road) is located in Westchester county, while the firehouse itself is located in Putnam County. Because the Firehouse is located in Putnam, and our base radio is located in Putnam, we are dispatched by the Putnam 911 Center. When we recieve a call in westchester county, we call out to both putnam and westchester with our different county numbers. Command in Westchester county usually goes through 60 control. We do cover the Bear Mountain Bridge road, the Eastern half of the Bridge itself, Camp Smith and through the rockcut to the Cortlandt Colonial. We work with both Peekskill VAC and Garrison VAC and have contracts with both Phillipstown and Cortlandt. Because of the latter point, it took several years of fighting to get a service awards progam and didn't acually start the program until June '04. Any other questions you have I'll be happy to answer if I can.

It's kind of like the Westchester Co. Airport. It is really in Harrison(HPN), but on your ticket it says White Plains, and all commercial fire alarms and EMS calls are covered by Port Chester and Rye Brook and aircraft emergencies are covered by Armonk, Purchase, and Port Chester/Rye Brook.

It is really in Harrison(HPN

It's not really in Harrison..... It straddles the border of three different towns. Purchase covers the areas in Harrison, PC/RB cover the areas in Rye Town and Armonk the areas in North Castle with all three covering the field itself for aircraft emergencies.

We're starting to stray away from the subject, CVFD.

Topic locked.