Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Seagrave Wins Contract For 8 Aerialscopes For FDNY

9 posts in this topic

Seagrave Fire Apparatus has received an order for eight (8) 75-foot Aerialscopes from the New York City Fire Department (FDNY). Seagrave is proud of doing business with FDNY for more than 100 years and looks forward to continuing to serve the citizens of New York.

Per their Facebook page

Nothing beats an Aerialscope!

Sure Bloomberg will approve 8 aerialscopes, and yet he closes 20 more FDNY Companies. I can't wait to see what the FDNY's response time is to some areas, and lets not forget about rush hour. The FDNY trucks are fine they have some that are older then me and they still run great.

Assuming the city council approves the current budget the closing will not be happening. That being said, vehicle replacement is a different budget item than staffing. Even as you're cutting staff trucks are still aging and will need to be replaced. Lastly, the FDNY TL fleet is in sorry shape. Companies are frequently in spares and at times are stuck in a spare rear mount when no TLs are available. They are long overdue for some new trucks.

Ok, I have not heard about the new budget so I will stand corrected.

Budget is done no closings, however with no hiring and manpower down overtime is going to cost millions. It will be interesting to see what happens mid fiscal year aka January regarding closings then, remember this is when night closures was tried. The TL order comes from a different budget i think capital money is used and this order may be an add on to the recently delivered Tl's. The Aerial fleet is in need of some replacements and the new Ferrera's are not yet in service and Tillers are getting near the 10 year replacement also.

Edited by Mac8146

Per their Facebook page

Did anyone else end up bidding? I'd be interested to see a MM tower ladder from any other builder that met the FDNY spec. Edited by antiquefirelt

Is this on top of the 15 they ordered earlier this year? Is there any additional word on the tiller contract also from earlier this year.

In addition to the 12 95' Seagrave Aerialscopes ordered earlier this year, and the 8 75' Seagrave Aerialscopes ordered a few weeks ago, FDNY placed an add-on order of 8 more 75' Seagrave Aerialscopes.

So that's 12 new 95' TL's, and 16 new 75' TL's. It seems with the 40 Ferrara rearmount aerials currently being delivered and 8 Seagrave Tillers on order, FDNY's Aerial fleet should be in pretty good shape this time next year.

(Note: See "FDNY Tiller Order" thread for more on the 8 Tillers order from Seagrave")