Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

News 12 -Hudson Valley

23 posts in this topic

News 12 Hudson Valley will be covering Orange and Rockland counties starting June 14th. They are opening hub offices in each county.

How about Putnam County dammitt???????

Putnam County is to the Hudson Valley like Oregano is to tomato sauce.

Just kidding - I would like to see some Putnam news too.

So is Not-News 12 Westchester going to be lumped into the "Hudson Valley" broadcast, or are they going to stay independent?

Hope they have the Journal News in O & R, lol!! Also, It's going to be quite a trek for the cameramen, er, camerapeople to buff jobs up there!

If News 12 isn't covering Putnam under this new tune, then I assume Putnam is not covered by Cablevision cable service??

If News 12 isn't covering Putnam under this new tune, then I assume Putnam is not covered by Cablevision cable service??

I think the only part of Putnam that is Cablevision is the southern end of Putnam Valley and Phillipstown. The rest is Suscom (formally RCN).

Let's say I have inside information on this topic--Cablevision covers very little in Putnam. Putnam Valley and Phillipstown to be exact. SusCom covers the rest The Westchester news should stay just that--Westchester. The news director has a thing for Yonkers (if ya didn't notice) so you better have a bigger story. They for whatever reason--seldom come to the Valley--matter of fact--at one of OUR fires--they filmed Mohegan's F.A.S.team. If I understood correctly, the former NewsCenter 6 is back covering the Dutchess area (they just might become a News 12). Who knows what will happen if/when Rainbow media splits from Cablevision Systems. Only time will tell!!!

Who needs News 12, We have Eric Gross in Putnam

Putnam is growing so much it needs its own local news program

Joe Rayo is one ugly ************. Not a bad weatherman though!

I always liked Eric Gross. Went to school with his kids. Nice guy, and he was definitely a buff. News 12 here in NYC covers the Bronx, and they are the absolute WORST!!!!

Anyone wanting to meet Joe Rao (a super nice guy by the way) can see him at our "disaster Preparedness Seminar" to be held at our Headquarters on Oscawanna Lake RD. next Saturday the 23rd.

True--very true--EMT Barvo tops all--why wait for the news when you can get all the info here within minutes of the first dispatch.

Seth--you are a God!!!

News12 Has too much politics[[:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They can for sure--But they do get around to a good portion of the events in the area--They do have their moments though.

maybe you'll be able to watch A.P. from yonkers in action!

Truck 4.

Where did you here or read about News 12 changing their format to the Hudson Valley?

I know Cablevision started a newschannel in Dutchess County last year, that also covers news for portions of Putnam/Orange/Ulster Counties. Its called Cablevision News. They never made it a News 12 bureau, which suprised me, since the News 12 channels are owned and operated by Cablevision.

Boy, if you think News 12 Westchester is bad at times, you should see this channel in action.

I wonder if they plan on incorporating this channel in to News 12 Westchester to form the bigger channel you mention. You figure that these counties are growing in population, mainly from people relocating to these counties from Westchester and NYC they would, since people would have that connection to Westchester, be it family or working there still.

news 12 is a big company. you can go to news12.com and see. usually the stick to reporting stories in there own areas. i.e. bronx gets bronx news, westchester gets westchester, they only overlap if it's a big story.

News 12 was going to incorporate Putnam into the Hudson Valley deal originally, with a hub opening in Putnam. That changed and there will not be a Putnam hub. The Yorktown crew will continue to cover the southern end for now. The launch date for the whole thing was supposed to be May 5th, but was pushed back to June 14th.

News12 Has too much politics[[:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

If it doesn't happen in Yonkers or Yorktown it doesn't happen or so it seems. :roll: #-o

Exactly my point as stated earlier!!!

i cant believe they want you to pay to view there website if you dont live in there coverage aera for cable. NOW THATS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!