Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dean Wilkinson

2011 Mercedes Crestline ICON Ambulance

11 posts in this topic

This is the first production model (after the proto-type)of Crestlines new Mercedes ICON Ambulance. The patient compartment is much narrower than most modular ambulances but has 72 inches of headroom. The interior is very much in the European style and the unit is set up to carry only one stretcher and one ambulatory patient. I will post more pictures once the truck is delivered here in about 10 days.

6018223808_2ac40b1d28_b.jpg

6017676529_88a135b9c4_b.jpg

6017677825_2c4777ac42_b.jpg

firedude likes this

Very interesting. You can always tell it's a Crestline by the body shape. I saw one at the Texas EMS Expo and it had a lot of cool features.

I'm looking forward to seeing the indide shots.

Thanks for the pic!

If you go down south all you see is these, except the skinnier ones, like the WEMS-Alpha ones.

Additional Pictures of the Mercedes prior to delivery. This vehicle is equipped with Ferno Acetech http://www.fernoacetech.com/Electronic Control Unit Module,Advance Vehicle Infomatics Module and their ECORUN System. We will be installing Ferno Acetech rooftop solar panels as part of the ECORUN system. The truck has also been equipped with a diesel hot air heater which in conjunction with the ECORUN system will allow the truck to be kept warm during street corner postings and while at scenes, without the vehicle engine running. As 40% our vehicle engine operating hours are spent idling, we expect to see a significant reduction in fuels costs . Additional features include Whelelen LED lighting and siren and Crestline's Crestcoat powder coating finish. The vehicle was designed and built to allow for the installation of Stryker's new PowerLoad system once it is available.

6077862247_edd731bd6d_b.jpg

6078402942_232b185b06_b.jpg

6078402896_4b6b13f2c6_b.jpg

6077862117_e48c29f509_b.jpg

6077862061_29c3be5217_b.jpg

6077862025_fda0b9a581_b.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I love the layout inside!! Much smarter then some ambulances here in the US. Crestline makes some really nice ambulances.

If you go down south all you see is these, except the skinnier ones, like the WEMS-Alpha ones.

What are you talking about? WEMS ALS ambulances are Ford box ambulances and the BLS ambulances are Ford vans.

What are you talking about? WEMS ALS ambulances are Ford box ambulances and the BLS ambulances are Ford vans.

Additionally, down here they are not called ambulances, rather Rescues.

Additionally, down here they are not called ambulances, rather Rescues.

Great, the south is turning into Rhode Island!!!! :D

I saw the boot on the gear shift, so I have to ask is this an automatic or manual transmission on the rig?