Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Round Rock PD's Bold New Paint Scheme

17 posts in this topic

From one of my local PD's. New paint scheme. I really like it!

The OLD:

post-11-0-36797100-1313003278.jpg

And the NEW:

post-11-0-58741900-1313003303.jpg

Task Force 7 likes this

Black police car in texas? :huh: It does look nice though. Great shots seth!

x635 likes this

That new car is going to be HOT, I hope they have really good A/C in that thing.

I prefer the old, but to each his own.

me to i like the old one much better,and the old westchester county pd cars ,how do they come up with the grafics?

me to i like the old one much better,and the old westchester county pd cars ,how do they come up with the grafics?

Pretty sure 'POLICE' on the old one was created in MS Word Art

Black police car in texas? :huh: It does look nice though. Great shots seth!

It's hard to see in the photo, but it's actually navy blue. Most agencies around here are switching to black and white, or have already. Dallas PD, Fort Worth PD, Austin PD, San Antonio PD, and soon Houston PD will be switching as well.

The cars come in blank, the graphics are added by a local graphics shop that does work for a lot of agencies.

They haven't used any SUV's in the recent past, so this Tahoe is a new one. Also, the officers name will be much smaller and go above the door handle, as opposed to the lower door panels.

Here's the blank slate:

post-11-0-13955600-1313011443.jpg

That new car is going to be HOT, I hope they have really good A/C in that thing.

I remember seeing a article, I think it was rep

orting on paint colors for a department in Florida, and they determined that a dark painted car was not hotter then a light painted car. Don't the Texas Rangers have Black and White colored cars? Is a black color car or fire apparatus cab any warmer in the winter because its painted black?

I can't imagine the officers are too excited about having their names on the side of their cars.

Don't the Texas Rangers have Black and White colored cars?

Texas Department Of Public Safety Highway Patrol (Troopers) use black and white cars.

The Texas Rangers (Not the baseball team lol), are kind of like Texas's FBI. They drive dark colored F-150's. Part of uniform includes a Stetson hat and Wrangler jeans. You do not mess with them. They turn down ex-FBI and other high level people who try to apply or make it through the process.

I can't imagine the officers are too excited about having their names on the side of their cars.

It's been that way for years. Now, their name is a very small marking above the driver's side door handle.

It should be noted that most officers have take home cars. Therefore, these CVPI's are meticulously cared for, and last 5 years, which is a long time for a street car, with meticulous PM that coincide with an officers day off. They recently built a $24 million Police Headquarters, which includes indoor parking for the cars, so when they are on duty at the station the car doesn't heat up because of the sun. It also increases police presence around the community (when parked in their neighborhood),andthey aren't allowed to use it for person purposes.

As they go on duty from when they get in their cars from their home, they are on duty on their way to HQ. In addition, if extra or specialized officers are needed, it cuts down response times significantly.

It does, and I would have thought the same thing too. The cars came in outfitted but without lettering, so they went with the Ford Demo concept.

Haggerty 1029 likes this

This is the way the CVPI's are coming in......I'm told the old scheme wouldn't look right on whatever new generation of patrol cars they choose, when and if that ever happens. I think more departments are ordering CVPI's now then ever before.....I even know of multiple agencies "stocking up" on them.

post-11-0-52156400-1313098112.jpg

Here's the story, per local media:

New design for Round Rock patrol fleet | KXAN.com

ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) - For the first time in 12 years, the Round Rock Police Department’s patrol car fleet is undergoing a facelift. Ford is ending production of its iconic Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, which is known across North America to be a police pursuit vehicle.

FULL STORY: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/williamson/new-design-for-round-rock-patrol-fleet

The names on their cars are much,much smaller and relocated:

post-11-0-42205300-1314475739.jpg