Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Pleasantville VAC "Supply Drive" For Schoharie County

16 posts in this topic

Pleasantville VAC has set up a "Supply Drive" to help the people of Scholarie County that were devastated by flooding. See the attached flier.

post-16367-0-20441900-1315698903.jpg

Please spread the word and feel free to pass the flier around.

Contact Captain Conley (Kelli_Conley7612@yahoo.com) or myself (MadisonPVAC@yahoo.com) with any questions.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

I think it is very admirable that Pleasantville VAC is looking to help out Schoharie County in their time of need.

How did the powers that be determine that these particular items are needed up there and also how was it determined where and to whom it will be delivered?

firemoose827 and BFD1054 like this

I think it is very admirable that Pleasantville VAC is looking to help out Schoharie County in their time of need.

How did the powers that be determine that these particular items are needed up there and also how was it determined where and to whom it will be delivered?

Contact was made with Fire Departments and Firefighters from Schoharie County.

I agree 100% and knowing the people that make up that organization it does not surprise me that they would take up this task.

BFD1054 likes this

The correct email address is:

Kelli_conley7612@yahoo.com

I have been in contact with a member of this site and he gave me a list of what was needed. Years ago PVAC did a food and supply drive for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Now we would like to help our fellow New Yorkers.

We have a local business owner who volunteered to drive his box trucks up to deliver the items we collect.

I hope it is successful!

Kelli

Captain

Pleasantville VAC

Edited by KelliPVAC
grumpyff and firemoose827 like this

Really can't understand why you couldn't just leave it at your first paragraph.

Who, may I ask, are you referring to as the "powers that be"?????

INIT915 likes this

Really can't understand why you couldn't just leave it at your first paragraph.

Who, may I ask, are you referring to as the "powers that be"?????

I don't think Chief Flynn intended any ill will with the question.... If someone said to me "lets put together a support drive for XYZ county" I would say great... Followed by a list of questions such as what do they need so that we're not inundating them with unneeded supplies, who is the best person on the receiving end to work through so that the items get delivered in a timely manner and don't sit unused only to be discarded after the emergency has passed, when is the best time to deliver them (making a delivery at night to a location that doesn't have power will only complicate things), what type of resources to the receiving party have to facilitate an offload or do we need to send enough manpower to do it... etc etc etc.

People like a story and they like details to go with it. I think that's where Chief Flynn was coming from.

helicopper and BFD1054 like this

Thank you to everyone for your kind words! I hope this is a success for a great cause.

The supply drive starts today!!!! PVAC is very excited to be helping another community and Fellow Firefighters.

firemoose827 likes this

Millwood, with the support of Chappaqua, Sleepy Hollow, Archville, Pocantico Hills and others made a similar delivery over the weekend.

MFC Supply Drive

I happened to speak with a buddy up there who mentioned it. I am not aware at this time of how they worked in conjunction with the departments in need to determine which items would be shipped and how the plan was executed.

Edited by mfc2257

Thank you PVAC, especially Kelli and Madison for putting this together. The Schoharie valley floods have been devastating, taking out entire communities. We have 100's of people still in shelters in schools that are just opening this week. We started to raise money, food and clothing in my department located in schoharie but found out that what they needed most are the things on the list. The local Elks clubs and Eagles have all been trying to get donations of these things but there is not enough for everyone, and these things are needed to clean up the mess of the aftermath. To make things worse we had atleast 3 if not 4 inches of rain less than a week later and we flooded out again and all of those people had to be evacuated again, including the CP located at the county fair grounds. It was a mess. I am sure that whatever you guys get for us we will all appreciate it immensely. I have not been displaced myself but have brothers who have lost their homes, yet they still respond to calls and pump outs as if everything is ok, they worked tirelessly for days and days with none to very little sleep, only to go to what used to be their house and begin the cleanup for themselves. Its very heartbreaking to say the least, and I feel that no matter what we do as a department for our brothers and sisters its never enough. You guys have already helped in more ways than you know; everyone that responded for coverage in our county so that those that lost houses themsleves could take care of their own families, those that have made donations and those of you that are running these donation drives, have all helped us out in so many ways.

Thanks to all of you, I can not say it enough and I hope I speak for those in my county as well.

Kelli, let me know what I can do to help out, and thank you again.

Brian

Captain, Carlisle FD

Schoharie County NY

PFDRes47cue likes this

Millwood, with the support of Chappaqua, Sleepy Hollow, Archville, Pocantico Hills and others made a similar delivery over the weekend.

MFC Supply Drive

I happened to speak with a buddy up there who mentioned it. I am not aware at this time of how they worked in conjunction with the departments in need to determine which items would be shipped and how the plan was executed.

The Chief from Pocantico Hills has a home in the area and was in contact with the local FD's in the area.

SHFD Pics

Two days left to come donate!!!!!

Please come help our fellow New Yorkers and Firefighters!!!!!!

Today from 4-8

Sunday 10am - 3pm

Any questions, please PM me. Let's help Schohaire County as much as we can!!!!!!!

:)

Two days left to come donate!!!!!

Please come help our fellow New Yorkers and Firefighters!!!!!!

Today from 4-8

Sunday 10am - 3pm

Any questions, please PM me. Let's help Schohaire County as much as we can!!!!!!!

:)

And whatever we cant use here in Schoharie we will ship to Broome County who was also hit hard with flooding. So anything you can donate will be used. Thanks Again.

Moose