Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

LaGuardia Airport "Kids Day"

5 posts in this topic

LGA Kids Day 2011

Saturday September 17th

Noon to 4pm

Free parking in Lot 7 (next to Marine Terminal)

Each year, the Kiwanis Club of LaGuardia teams up with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to allow children and the public to experience an up close view of the sights and sounds of the airport. Airlines such as American, US Airways and Delta usually each bring out an aircraft for visitors to tour as friendly flight attendants hand out snacks and beverages. The Geico Skytypers often make an appearance along with a fly-by at the end of the event as well. This is an awesome event! Yes, it is 100% FREE! It is great for the kids, and the kids inside of us all. If you click the links to the pictures bellow, you will see how fun it is.

Typical Displays (Subject to change):

-American Airlines MD-80

-Delta Airlines A320

-US Airways A319

-US Navy Reserve F/A-18

-LC-130 Hercules (one of only seven C-130s in the world with skis)

-US Navy King Air

-AT-6C Texans fighters from Farmingdale

-B-25 Mitchel bomber from Farmingdale

-Civil Air Patrol Cessna

-NYPD Avaition Unit

-PAPD Avaiton Unit

-PAPD LGA ARFF

-FDNY (&EMS)

-LGA Airport OPS

-NYCDOC

The Kiwanis Club of LaGuardia Airport

Pictures from last year

Pictures from 2 years ago

NYCAviation

Poster:

post-17100-0-69597900-1315969035.jpg

Edited by firedude

I always wish I could be there! Your shots from last year of all the apparatus present had me drooling....

firedude likes this

Bump! The event is tomorrow. Here are some updates on what should and shouldn't be there... (according to NYCAviation)

Just to share a few updates on this years Kids Day which has the potential to be GREAT.

The Port plans to close Runway 4-22 as in most years so based on forecasted winds should be up & down Runway 13. They will probably be using the ILS 22, circle to land 13

approach which would yield excellent sharp banking shots on short final, so some excellent photo ops.

Now for the aircraft visitors, drum-roll please

KC-10 from McGuire (hopes to do a low fly-by on arrival, maybe around 0830 or so)

B-25

Geico Skytyper Texans

A few other General Aviation aircraft

DL A-319

US PSA A-319 N742PS

AA is planning on bringing N870NN, a 3 WEEK old 738 with the new Boeing Sky Interior ! SWEET !

Also a first chance for some of you to see Trumps new 757 N757AF up fairly close (it's parked where his 727 always parked)

Sadly no military F-18's or similar this year but I think for some of us the KC-10 should more than make up for it.

For all the photographers planning on attending, bring everything you got! This is the only legal opportunity to shoot photographs on PANYNJ property. Also, becuase next week is UN Week, there may be some very nice VIP aircraft on the ground.

Edited by firedude
jack10562 likes this

Take a lot of photos for me, Kyle! I wish I could be there!

Take a lot of photos for me, Kyle! I wish I could be there!

Seth, I wish I could go! This has to be one of my favorite events of the year. Unfortunately, I am at college now and am unable to come home this weekend. :( I'm in the same boat as you. I posted this event hoping others would go and take pics. So, any takers?