Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Violence in Newburgh?

5 posts in this topic

I know several months ago the sustained spike in violence in the City Of Newburgh was discussed on this forum.

Is violence still plaguing the city? I saw on the OCC Facebook page that they made a donation towards the ongoing fight against violence in the city. Have they made any headway?

Seth, a simultaneous raid of 3 seperate locations was conducted a week or so ago in Newburgh. I know that they were targeting gang members and drug charges. I will see if i can find any of the articles.

On a side note, i recently heard a rumor that Newburgh wants to lay off something like 16 Police Officers! The City of Newburgh needs MORE officers, not less IMHO.

i was in newburgh the other night saw maybe 3 city pd and 1 nysp k9 suv and groups of 10-12 people in some places just standing in the middle of the street, especialy around liberty st and on broadway very little to no police presence. i'll see what i can find my girlffriend live in newburgh and i'll get back to ya.

This is the quote that was on the Facebook page. OCC supports so many charities, I've lost count. Does anyone know what OCC did to help combat the violence?

Orange County Choppers

Robert Nickel, Unit Chief, FBI, Dr. Kathleen Kiernan, Chair, InfraGard and Michael Biasotti, 1st Vice Persident of the NY State Association of Chiefs of Police stopped by to honor Paul Senior with a plaque for his support in the ongoing efforts to combat gang violence in the City of Newburgh.

post-11-0-12464100-1316640760.jpg