Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

Combination CO and Gas Detector.

5 posts in this topic

Another crisis was avoided due to the home CO and Gas Detector. At around 1:30 Am today, I was awoken by the loud piercing alarm of my CO and Gas Detector. I ran down the stairs to see what alarm was sounding and yelling to my wife to get the kids. I grabbed the detector from the wall outlet and it was displaying GAS. Not smelling any gas and the unit immediately went silent and reset. Thinking it was a malfunction my attention was then turned to the noise of my dog at the back door. He had to go out. I opened the door and out he ran finding the closest patch of grass and immediately evacuated himself due to a bad case of diarrhea. It appears that as my dog was making his way to the rear door he expelled some gas activating the CO/Gas Alarm. The alarm in turn alerted me to my dogs impending disastrous situation within my house, which was promptly averted.

So remember to check your smoke, CO and gas detectors monthly and replace the batteries twice a year.

Edited by LTNRFD
FDNY 10-75 likes this

Glad your pooch got out in the nick of time!

At least it wasn't an AFA: Aromatic false alarm....B)

Check your smoke detectors, check your dog.

What did you do, Loo, bring your dog to the firehouse for dinner?

Edited by wraftery

EPIC! Great story, funny and makes a good point... Keep the batteries fresh so your carpets stay fresh too!