Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

Older NYPD Vehicles

68 posts in this topic

What was Motor Transport labelled as, MT? Is that what became FSD?

yes I think Motor Transport became Fleet Services Division, I can ask around to make sure. The job likes to change things, but often does so without thinking. One example, when I first graduated I was assigned to the Transit Division, which had a two star chief in charge, and our collar brass said "Transit Division". The chief got a promotion, a third star and we became the Transit Bureau, and all the cops had to buy the new "TB" collar brass. Said chief later got transferred, and was replaced by a two star chief. Yup, we switched back to "Transit Division" and had to go back to/or replace the collar brass to 'Transit Division". Finally someone had a brain fart, and we went back again to "Transit Bureau" and the TB collar brass.

i love these old shots. are you scanning these pics? film was great wasn't it. alot of these youngr guys have no idea what they missed right seth?

joe

i still have some stills of stuff from ct incidents around. i'll see if i can find any and scan them in

i love these old shots. are you scanning these pics? film was great wasn't it. alot of these youngr guys have no idea what they missed right seth?

joe

i still have some stills of stuff from ct incidents around. i'll see if i can find any and scan them in

No from a cd, yeah digital is nice but some of these pics are really impressive. Marine unit cant make out the name

post-18231-0-16234300-1317945035.jpg

A larger Nypd Vessel,dont think anything this size is still around

post-18231-0-38813300-1317945409.jpg

Edited by Anesti