Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja3kfd

Jimmyboy Arena

5 posts in this topic

Tonight as we were talking about Mass Tommorow for Jimmy we received a message that On CMT at 7pm our Extreme Makeover is on.

I always forget how little all the Girls were then. Anyways it sure is a nice memory to see. But it never gets any easier, i sit here and cry just like i did then.

x635 likes this

Tonight as we were talking about Mass Tommorow for Jimmy we received a message that On CMT at 7pm our Extreme Makeover is on.

I always forget how little all the Girls were then. Anyways it sure is a nice memory to see. But it never gets any easier, i sit here and cry just like i did then.

Hang in there! You have THOUSANDS of people standing by you! God Bless all of you!

x635 likes this

I remember meeting Jim and Gina Areana, one of the most kind,genuine,hard working people I know, of the because of Jimmyboy. When he first was diagnosed, a blood drive was announced on this site. One of our first posts. I remember visiting the Arena's numerous times at home and in the hospital. I remember their trips to the West Coast and doing everything they could for their little boy.

I remember how Somers FD and so many people pushed for the Extreme Home Makeover, and how many people came out to volunteer.

Remembering Jimmyboys death is really bittersweet for me, since I met my wife 6 years ago when Jimmyboy passed away. At the time, the two didn't conincide. But now, I have a wonderful wife and a one year old little girl. I don't think I would be able to handle it god forbid anything was to happen. I always wonder about fate and karma.

One of the positives that came out of this was I became friends with the Arena family. Their strength, resolve, and support of me has taught me a lesson no one else could.

I remember how many people rallyed for the Arena family, and you can read the whole story in the forum dedicated to him.

Nothing will ever solve the pain for the Arenas, no matter what, and I pray for them often. It's not only the pain of his death, it's all he went through. From when he was really sick, to better days where they thought the cancer was in remission. It was a roller coaster ride for them but their stength never waivered.

Jimmyboy had fought quite a battle. On the day he died, the medical part of me was relieved. He was in hospice, and his death was imminent. Jim and Gina couldn't do anything more, even hope and pray. They knew his fate and each second with jimmyboy they cherished in the final moments. It ended his suffering. He got to die at his home, with his family by his side, and not in a hospital room. And in many cases of childhood cancer, especially the brain, these children don't grow up to be healthy adults, and often don't have a long lifespan and suffer all kinds of illness including reoccurences of cancer, often before they reach adulthood.. I was glad that suffering, and his parents suffering, had come to an end-but started a whole new kind of suffering that will never heal. We all knew what was going to happen towards the end of the battle, and it was just a matter of when.

I'm not going to say "Rest In Peace". Jimmyboy is still alive, his infectious spirit and courage looks after us all. He's not resting, he's in heaven meeting his ancestors, playing, looking forward to one day reuniting with his mom, dad, and sisters. He's looking down on his family, taking care of them. He is like his mom and dad, "paying it forward".

His foundation also continues to help other children and families in the same predicament as him.

Going to wipe away the tears now.

God Bless You All

x635 likes this