Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and About, Fall Travels

3 posts in this topic

I haven't had much time, or luck lately with my out and abouts, but, I did have a little free time to spend these past two weekends, in between my High School Reunion and a few other things. My first stop, after a JD fueled Carmel High Class of 91 Reunion Pre-Game Show, was South Salem's Open House. I didn't get in there early enough to shoot each rig, but I did at least get a couple of shots of E-167 and U-79.

SSE-167.jpg

U-79.jpg

Next stop was Croton Falls. I got Engines 147, 148, and 149. Along with U-28. Rescue 28 was already opened up and ready to work, so I passed till another time.

E-147.jpg

E-148.jpg

E-149.jpg

Here's a 1938 WLF, that was restored by a member of the Department.

38Ward.jpg

U-28.jpg

Next day, next stop, my old stomping grounds.

Edited by JBE
FF398, sfrd18 and efdcapt115 like this

I roll out of bed Sunday morning, after a lovely evening at the Carmel High Class of 91 20 year reunion. Where, I came to find out later, I was the recipient of the Life Saver Award, along with 5 other members of my class who have taken up Public Safety as our careers. Go me!!

First stop, obviously, was Lake Carmel. Here's 17-2-3, a 2005 Spartan/Smeal. First due engine that replaced 17-2-1 a few years ago.

17-2-3-8.jpg

Here's what I really wanted. The new 17-6-1. A 2010 Spartan/Hackney with a 300 gallon tank and pump. I forgot to ask, did they follow Pattersons lead on this?? Either way, I like.

17-6-1-1.jpg

I headed over to Kent, to feast my eyes on this beast. 16-4-1, a 2008 Sterling 4,000 gallon Tanker.

16-4-1.jpg

After this, I made my way up to Port Jervis, and got some nice scenery shots. This, is to prove to my co-workers and friends that I actually am starting to branch out into things other than apparatus photography.

But, I digress. I had heard about the Philadelphia Fire Muster, and I decided to go check it out. I got some shots, but have to say I walked away a bit disappointed. I got down there around 10, so most of the rigs were already registered and parked. That kinda kills photo taking like mine. But, I did the best I could with what I had in front of me. Here's Engine 7, Foam 33, Upper Darby's old ladder and the Fireboat Independence.

PE-7.jpg

PF-33.jpg

UD-21-5.jpg

Independence.jpg

Independence-2.jpg

Back to the city in a moment.

Edited by JBE
EdAngiolillo, FF398, sfrd18 and 1 other like this

My original intention was to get Rescue 5's new Ferrara, but, it was out of service. So, I made my way to Rockaway, to shoot the newest addition to the FDNY apparatus fleet. FL11001, Ladder 137. This is the first Non-Seagrave RMA used by the FDNY in nearly 30 years.

L-137.jpg

Not the greatest shot, but they didn't want to put it where it would block traffic.

And, here they go on a run. It's a big rig. From what they were telling me, it's slow, and the aerial is a little slow to raise. You can also hear the guy from 268 apologizing that they didn't have time to get a shirt for my girlfriends' son.

th_268-137.jpg

And that's that. Enjoy!!!

efdcapt115, sfrd18 and FF398 like this