Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Rye Brook New Firehouse

11 posts in this topic

Word is Rye Brook has broken ground on their new firehouse.

The shell is up. If the snow ever stops the roof would get shingled. Right now they are doing what they can on the inside.

What is the location of this new house and details?

Location is 940 King Street next to Rye Brook Village Hall, just down from the Hutch Parkway.

It is going to look more like a residential house.

It is 2 bays wide by 2 bays deep, 2 floors and a basement. Fitness room, 2 dorms, 2 lounge areas, kitchen, meeting and training room. Decon Room and shower. Room for EMS, EMS may be staffing an Ambulance there as well. I guess you cold say that it has what most other fire houses have.

Projected completion date is end of May..But I doubt it.

Should be nice, thanks for the info, it'll be interesting to see if PCRVAC puts a bus there.

The Medics and Techs want to staff and ambulance there but as with everything else, it will all come down to monies.

Drove by it about 2 months ago when the shell was still open. LOT of Wood Truss in the second floor and roof!

Drove by it about 2 months ago when the shell was still open. LOT of Wood Truss in the second floor and roof!

Yeah way to much. The problem is that the Village wanted to make it blend into the house next door. It is going to look more like a residential home then a fire house.

I took some photos of the structure-so-far on 3/25/04. They're posted on EMTBravo.com

I took some photos of the structure-so-far on 3/25/04. They're posted on EMTBravo.com

Yeah TR54 called me and told me that you did. It's getting there. The Construction Manager told me on Wed. that he is planning on the end of May or sometime in June for the completion. I don't see that happening, but I guess you never know.