Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chiefbpfd

Weekly equipment Sheets

5 posts in this topic

Looking for some weekly equipment sheets your department uses to check fire apparatus.

Send your sheets to chiefbpfd@aol.com

sueg likes this

A few departments around here are starting to use a barcode system synced with their MDT for daily and weekly checks.

For example, you would scan an tag near the oil dipstick. On the barcode reader, you would enter the findings.

This is great for tracking equipment like SCBA's, for maintainence reasons, and for inventory, tracking, and restocking of supplies.

This system is also available in a basic format, which makes it easier to archive the checksheets, submit them from substations, and guarentee each piece of equipment is accounted for and not forgotten about.

I know you're looking for sheets, but a system like this is worth looking into, IMO, especially if you run EMS.

efdcapt115 likes this

Chiefbpfd: Do you want a copy of the sheets we use at Company A,or are you researching other types? If you do, let me know. 821

Seth and efdcapt115: Our Department Chief was talking about possibly using bar coding for the apparatus a while ago, but did not know where to get information on it, so any information you can provide in response to efdcap115 and otherwise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by sueg

A few departments around here are starting to use a barcode system synced with their MDT for daily and weekly checks.

For example, you would scan an tag near the oil dipstick. On the barcode reader, you would enter the findings.

This is great for tracking equipment like SCBA's, for maintainence reasons, and for inventory, tracking, and restocking of supplies.

This system is also available in a basic format, which makes it easier to archive the checksheets, submit them from substations, and guarentee each piece of equipment is accounted for and not forgotten about.

I know you're looking for sheets, but a system like this is worth looking into, IMO, especially if you run EMS.

I really like this idea Seth. Any idea of the costs involved in implementing such a program? I know some Sprint phones can read bar-codes. What about the software, who makes this type? Then the department would need an integrated computer system throughout it's houses. Does that require it's own server? I guess it would? (not much of an IT guy here) What other pieces of technology would a system like this require?