Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Yonkers FD Tower Ladder Up For Auction

7 posts in this topic

Was visitng the Yonkers Racetrack fleamarket yesterday and noticed former YFD tower ladder 71 with some other vehicles waiting to be auctioned in June. It's located on Yonkers Avenue entrance on the east side of the parking lot as you drive in.

I got a picture of it last month that is posted on the site somewhere. It's in VERY poor condition, and has seen better days....all the jobs and things it has seen in Yonkers has taken its toll, and I don't think anything is going to bring or be worth bringing it back :-(

There is an ESU truck that is sitting there as well. The body of that truck, with some TLC, looks like it may have some life in it still as a FD rescue or utility or hazmat.

pics.. pics, we need pics :D

There is also a YFD foam truck up for auction. See yonkerspd.com for auction info and vehicle listings.

The better vehicles get put out the day of inspection.

I understood that this unit was being housed out of Station 13. Did they replace the Foam Unit Rig with a New Foam Unit Rig? Does anyone have any information on this ?

The engine that is at the racetrack that is labeled Foam unit was actually the original foam unit - that rig is the one that was used by Rescue 1- before the arrival of the ALF - it had Rescue 1 placards over the Foam unit decals - there will be a 2nd mack CF at the track for the auction - this was the most recent foam unit - to answer the question 13 still has a foam rig - it is a Sutphen and will be lettered within a month or so