Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Remember this rig?

9 posts in this topic

That went on to replace there 1975 Ward Lefrance that they purchased from Wooster Hose Co #5 in Danbury, CT. If was protecting an ambulance at a scene on a highway and got totaled by a tractor trailer as the emt loaded the patient in the bus. Thank god no one was injured but the truck pump was fully displaced. Glad to see they got some newer equipment. We said to hear about our old rig getting wrecked in that accident.

Old Mt Kisco pumper now in service with the Donaldson Fire Company in PA I think ?

Thats correct! The company sold it to them in 2007. It was a great truck i remeber being able to hear that truck pull off of the ramp respondeing from accross town. One LOUD truck!

Thats correct! The company sold it to them in 2007. It was a great truck i remeber being able to hear that truck pull off of the ramp respondeing from accross town. One LOUD truck!

It's Mount Kisco Independent Fire Co.'s former Engine 106. It was replaced by a 2007 Pierce.

hey WAS967, i thought for sure this was gonna be a pic of the "mystery machine" from our old days. You gotta have a pic and post it - lol. Seth that was even before your time - hahaha

Gotta love the old Detroits! I wish they still made trucks that sounded like that.

Old Mt Kisco pumper now in service with the Donaldson Fire Company in PA I think ?

Was this the glider kit built by Pierce from the Hahn?

Thought so, I too miss the sounds of a screaming Detroit Diesel. I bet this one had that real quick 2nd gear that seamed to be associated with Hahn.