Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JQP442

What departments have rigs that are rarely called out?

40 posts in this topic

due to a combination of lack of manpower, lack of qualified drivers, first due engines performing many roles & mutual aid there's a lot of machines in stamford that don't seem to get out the door often, if at all:

glenbrook: ladder 31 & engine 34

belltown: engine 42 & rescue 44

springdale: truck 56 & rescue 54

turn of river: engine 62 (before new 62 was delivered), engine 64, ladder 67 & tanker 68. 67 & 68 might get out during weekdays if the fire marshal is in the building & mon. nights (drill & meeting night)

Though an amazing truck with incredible pumping capabilities, our source truck engine 108 rarely gets called out. Also, our mini-attack 7 spends most of its time sitting in the back of the bay.

x615

question,

doesnt rescue 44 respond on some medical runs? I know it's the rescue truck covering springdale and glenbrook and responds for MVA's in there district.

Mount Vernon Foam Unit (Refurbed Airport Truck) and Yonkers Foam Unit (Sutphen - Old Engine 311). I can't remember the last run that either of these 2 units have gone out on. (although the Collapse Unit out of Station 11 in Yonkers has had a few runs recently, most notiably the job in New Rochelle last year)

x615

question,

doesnt rescue 44 respond on some medical runs? I know it's the rescue truck covering springdale and glenbrook and responds for MVA's in there district.

since belltown took delivery of their spartan smeal engine 41 that's been going to a majority of the calls

Armonk:

Marine 24: 17' Boston Whaler Alert with a 50hp Honda 4-stroke off the back that usually see limited action on the resevior. Its mainly equipt for transport and med care.

Engine 287: Source pumper with a good amount of 5" off the back and a couple of small portable pumps on-board two. But nothing beats the sound of her old federal Q when she starts going down 22.

Mount Vernon Foam Unit (Refurbed Airport Truck) and Yonkers Foam Unit (Sutphen - Old Engine 311). I can't remember the last run that either of these 2 units have gone out on. (although the Collapse Unit out of Station 11 in Yonkers has had a few runs recently, most notiably the job in New Rochelle last year)

Thank goodness....If we need the foam truck I hope I'm off. Can you say Paraco.

MT.Vernon's Foam Unit, as of this date, is still not in service. In fact it hasn't even been refurbished yet .

Our mini-attack rarely goes out the door. I believe it has to do with it being a stick shift and there are only a handful of us that can drive a stick. We may be selling it soon anyway.

Andy

Tucked away in the 3rd station in my district is a 1976 Pierce Mini-Attack with a grand total of 13,500 miles on it.it ran a lot when it was downtown but,it got moved north when the the new house opened. It proved it's worth early in life but, it's a 2 door cab and limited compartment space. It really is used now only in bad weather or utility calls.