Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Rescue Me Premieres Wednesday Night On FX

30 posts in this topic

FX to Depict Lives of a Group of New York City Firefighters in New TV Series

Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) -- FX has placed a series order for comedian Denis Leary's ``Rescue Me,'' signing up for 13 episodes of the one-hour drama, the network announced.

``Rescue Me'' is about the lives of a group of New York City firefighters. Leary stars as a firefighter who's coping with the fear of his job in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

The announcement was made last week by Nick Grad, vice president of series development for FX. Production of ``Rescue Me'' is scheduled to begin in April and will be shot in New York.

``It's about time there is a show that looks at the lives and great work of New York City firefighters and what goes on beneath the surface of the job you see,'' Leary said in a statement. ``I am excited to portray a firefighter. I have many close friends and family members that are firefighters and many of the stories and characters will be drawn from them.''

Leary, 46, is a native of Worcester, Mass., and a cousin of one the six Worcester firefighters who died in a 1999 warehouse blaze. The actor founded The Leary Firefighters Foundation in response to the blaze.

They shot the pilot episode in Yonkers Sta. 1 last fall with the volunteer rigs from Staten Island.

I've been hearing rumors FX is airing commercials/easers for the new series, stating it will be coming this summer....Anybody catch the commercial yet???

=D> well im looking forward to that show. :D

Was watching fx the other day and got to see a preview..not bad...it would be nice to have a realistic drama about the emergency service even if it be solely based on fire...

not a big fan of ER of 3rd Watch...

nothing compares to EMERGENCY! and CAR 54...

Thanks for the trailer link 801!

Looks pretty cool from the trailer. From what I can tell, the show has potential...I can't wait for the premiere. Any idea as to the exact date yet?

Mid to Late Summer 2004

RESCUE Me is coming THIS JULY!

LOOKS a LOT better then 3rd Watch!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see this one...

wow, what an "interesting" music selection for the trailer?!?

looks like an interesting show though!

Premieres Wedensday July 21st 2004 @ 10PM

SAW 8-[ An advertisment on a BEE line bus today !

Premieres Wedensday July 21st 2004 @ 10PM

Yep I saw an advertisment on a Metro North train yesturday too

looks pretty good, I got a cd fot the computer with a couple of actual scenes from the show from a friend in the city. Can't wait it starts on wed at 10 pm, hopefully it is better then third watch has been in the past couple of episodes.

I got a sneak peek of the entire first episode..

I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed.

Make sure you watch or set that VCR

The web site has a neat little game where you pick an engine co to fight a fire .

Hmm, seems like cablevision doesn't carry FX?

You guys were absolutely right GREAT show!!!!! =D> =D>

Awesome Show! Very Cool. The show has lots of potential. I am already addicted to it. I can tell you all for sure that 3rd watch is out of my book for good. The show was weird because he was talking to his dead cousin in the show. Strange? And how about that fire scene? It was awesome. The part I loved about the show was when they pulled up to a 10-75, and has they are doing the secondary searches the chief is watching the football game that he bet 200 bux on. And his Aid was trying to tell him the fire was K/D and he was ignoring him....AWESOME, Cant wait till next week!

P.S. did any one catch the Yonkers L-71 and Rescue 1 on the walls in the background? I thought that was funny.

AWESOME SHOW! Did anyone catch the fact that the Dennis in several shots was not wearing the FDNY morning pride gear?

I look forward to seeing it Wednesday nights. :D

or how bout the Mack CF tower ladder shown in yonkers station 1, and the when the run comes it its a seagrave straight stick responding...

Definitely a lot of discrepancies... but overall I thought it was a good start.

The whole "bringing in a shrink" is RIGHT out of third watch though I thought.

The whole dead thing was a little creepy to start a series... but who knows.

This show made me laugh, made me cry, and made me ignore the phone at work for an hour!!!

I was especially thrilled to see that plenty of curse words were used - I F---ing loved it!

All kidding aside, I think it was a good show, and will make every effort to watch it week after week.

630 and I enjoyed it - so did 602.

Lets not nick pick the mistakes(Gear, Trucks). Lets enjoy the concept of a show that shows how it is

Good Episode...Very, Very Funny. Not the huge letdown third watch was.

I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DENNIS LEARY BEING A DIE HARD BOSTON RED SUX FAN. [-X [-X [-X

I was kind of dissapointed with the premeire episode.Maybe I was just dead tired, but I thought It was OK, but nothing great, at least not yet. But it hasn't been the first time I watched something and didnt like it..sometimes things grow on me.

On another note, did anyone pick up on the inside scenes at the Firehouse? As mentioned previously, it was Yonkers FD HQ's/Station 1. I noticed, several times, the signs on the wall "R1" and "L71", as well as photos of the Yonkers FD and other Yonkers FD stuff laying around the firehouse.