Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eng258

FDNY Fire Museum

6 posts in this topic

Rescue 1 was quartered in this firehouse from 1920-1947, and Satellite 1 (of the Super Pumper System) was also located here from 1967-1974.

Rescue 1 was quartered in this firehouse from 1920-1947, and Satellite 1 (of the Super Pumper System) was also located here from 1967-1974.

I certainly was not aware of that. I never knew Satellite 1 was located there. Also, the FDNY Fire Musuem is a Great place to visit.

Another excellent place to visit with the family is the FDNY Fire Zone located near Rockerfella Center. But most of my visits to the FDNY have been in the area "CBX4627" is familiar with.

sfrd18 likes this

Sorry- didn't do my post right. Anyway, I took my "probationary firefighter candidate" medical exam at this firehouse, on the 3rd floor. As we shuffled from room to room to see the various doctors, we passed a hall closet with a partially open door, with the light off. Out of the dark closet, as we passed by, a voice whispered "what day of the week is it?". That was the extent of my hearing test! Ah, the good old days!

Edited by lt411

I heard good things from my daughter about it. Her 5th grade class went there recently. She is absolutely insisting that we all go back there.

I heard good things from my daughter about it. Her 5th grade class went there recently. She is absolutely insisting that we all go back there.

"Timmy", I think you might be referring to the "Fire Zone". Yes, it really is Excellent for the family. Last I knew there was a program which shows what happens in a fire. There is also the front of a fire engine where the kids can sit in and actually feel they are riding in an FDNY pumper. I didn't want to leave that. They transmitted a 10-75 over the radio.

But the Fire Zone is a Great place to visit for the young family.