Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

West Virginia Medic LODD

11 posts in this topic

Very sad story. My condolunces to the Boone County Ambulance Service and to this very young womans family. May she Rest in Peace.

Edited by nfd2004

Very sad... Prayers go out to her family & friends.- R.I.P.

RIP Sister. Sad this doesn't get even half the responses a Firefighter or Police Officer LODD.

RIP Sister. Sad this doesn't get even half the responses a Firefighter or Police Officer LODD.

Are you nuts?! Stop with the self pitty. A quick look at the Police and In Memorium forums I found 2 LEO LODD in 2012, that combined have not received as many posts as this one thread. Too bad there have all ready been 12 officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty this year, including a detective in New Haven. As this is clearly a forum dominated by all thing fire related, did they fare any better? Nope, 7 LODD so far and I see zero mention of any of their deaths. Yet the medic that no one here knew, no one here worked with, and died not while confronting an armed assailant or saving a life has gotten more attention. Her death was no less or more important than any other. Like every single other death her family, friends, and co-workers are devastated. This is not the issue to plant your flag on the issue of disrespect. Express your condolences as you see fit and find a more appropriate forum for sharing your views on the perception of EMS.

Edited by ny10570
INIT915, NurseMedic and newsbuff like this

Are you nuts?! Stop with the self pitty. A quick look at the Police and In Memorium forums I found 2 LEO LODD in 2012, that combined have not received as many posts as this one thread. Too bad there have all ready been 12 officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty this year, including a detective in New Haven. As this is clearly a forum dominated by all thing fire related, did they fare any better? Nope, 7 LODD so far and I see zero mention of any of their deaths. Yet the medic that no one here knew, no one here worked with, and died not while confronting an armed assailant or saving a life has gotten more attention. Her death was no less or more important than any other. Like every single other death her family, friends, and co-workers are devastated. This is not the issue to plant your flag on the issue of disrespect. Express your condolences as you see fit and find a more appropriate forum for sharing your views on the perception of EMS.

+1

+1. Thank you.