Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SOUSGT

Burned by judge on FDNY, city fires back in court

6 posts in this topic

Burned by judge on FDNY, city fires back in court

Accuses Nicholas Garaufis of bias in imposing federal overseer

The Bloomberg administration has taken the radical — and necessary — step of accusing a federal judge of out-and-out bias in his rulings on alleged racial discrimination in Fire Department hiring.

The charge is well-grounded. Because Brooklyn Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis overstepped his role as an impartial arbiter — in effect exceeding even the city’s opponents as an advocate.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/burned-judge-fdny-city-fires-back-court-article-1.1010646

This is an opinion piece. Is there a factual article to go along with this?

edit: to go along with this part, "The Bloomberg administration has taken the radical — and necessary — step of accusing a federal judge of out-and-out bias in his rulings on alleged racial discrimination in Fire Department hiring." If it's true, and I sure hope it is, that's a huge step... I just want to see some proof because I haven't heard anything about it.

Edited by JohnnyOV

Kudos to the Bloomberg Administration for taking a stance to the Vulcans. At least he won't back down to them like others. Those Societies have single handidly destroyed what was once a prestigious Job. Oh that's right, they're nothing more then a Fraternal Organization, I forgot. "F" them and the horse they rode in on!

The Vulcan Society- when you read the mission statement for them you want to puke! If you can't cut it no matter what race you are then too bad, lowering the standards is not the right thing to do and its not fair to anyone who has gotten on the job for all sides. The facts for the City of NY on recruiting, testing, filing applications for the job etc. hasn't been done for any other ethnic groups. Should be interesting when the test results come out. My prediction will be that the next test will be tied up and challenged for a long time. For those of you who are on the job, build up the OT for your pensions n get out.