Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Fire Service Leadership Behavior On Social Media

32 posts in this topic

Sounds to me these people simply need to get a life and not spend time on Facebook bashing another fire department.

I don't know about specifics of the incident that was mentioned here..but I do want to say that often I find that those having something said about them need to have thicker skin and are often defensive. Is there a line of how to mention something..yes...I love the ones who have things to say who weren't even there. But there are times I've seen some whine about things said that were said in good taste and were just plain fact..and sometimes the truth hurts.

PFDRes47cue likes this

Jack- first off I love the keyboard commando thing. I was not questioning this site, I know they have rules and I know it is a privately owned and operated site which I for the most part enjoy. Like my esteemed colleague Tommy Mac said it gets under my skin when people weren't at an incident but yet they know what went on and have no problem being a monday morning quarter back. And the other thing that really ticks me off is the vollie bashing that goes on usually by 1 person. Fires don't burn any hotter, extrications aren't any different, just because you get a check for doing it. Firefighters are firefighters career or vollie and yes there are some in both types of dept. that should not be in this line of work. (if there are any spelling errors please forgive my stupid fingers.)

x635 and jack10562 like this