Followers 0
firedude

"In Waiting" - Film Produced by Inmates at County Jail

5 posts in this topic

The Preview:

PREMIERE: Monday, Feb. 27, 2012 • 6:30 pm

JBFC Theater. 364 Manville Road, Pleasantville

Free and open to the public

IN WAITING was created by students in the BOCES Incarcerated Youth Program (IYP) at the Westchester County Jail. The JBFC spent six months teaching six inmates how to film and edit digital video and helped them produce a narrative film, an adaptation of Israel Horovitz's seminal play, THE INDIAN WANTS THE BRONX. The result is a compelling narrative short investigating issues of masculinity in prison today. The project was made possible with support from Westchester County Department of Corrections.

A screening of the short film will be followed by a panel discussion with the students filmmakers, and JBFC and IYP staff.

Please RSVP by Friday, February 24 to education@burnsfilmcenter.org

Edited by firedude

Hopefully they will some rehabilitation out of it since they are youths ione would hope we hvae not written them off yet. And no i am not a liberal when it comes to inmates.

The Preview:

SageVigiles, JetPhoto and ac316scu like this

this is our tax dollars at work... what a friggen joke

Where is the wasted money? The Burns provided everything.

this is our tax dollars at work... what a friggen joke

I usually agree with you..but not on this one. I'd rather see this and this was done by a program already established..then them sitting doing nothing but becoming even better criminals. If one gets it...then its worth it. Cost a lot more to house them then what BOCES already has set up.

xfirefighter484x likes this