Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

A Tragic Ending

3 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this topic was discussed here on Bravo at the time. Back in July of 2010, in Great Britain, a mutt was released from prison by the name of Raoul Moat. He looked like one of those guys that liked to riot and fight at soccer matches. Turns out his girlfriend had taken up with another guy while Moat was locked up in prison, and she lied to him and said she was dating a police constable as the cops are called over there.

Upon his release Moat went on a shooting rampage. He shot his ex-girlfriend, killed the boyfriend who wasn't a cop, and because the ex's lie had boiled in Moat's brain while he was locked up, he specifically targeted cops. His weapon was a sawed off shot-gun.

He shot Pc David Rathband, who Moat ambushed while the officer was sitting in his patrol car. Pc Rathband took over two-hundred shot-gun pellets in the face, and was left permanently blinded. The incident is documented in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Northumbria_Police_manhunt

Tragically,

They have found Pc Rathband dead, and has apparently committed suicide:

*Pc David Rathband found dead in home days after returning from Australia

*Policeman's 20-year marriage to estranged wife Kath had recently ended

*In one of his final Tweets he wrote that 'Mrs R just wanted to be friends'

*He had revealed his struggle to come to terms with being blind

*Brother offers support to Pc Rathband during his final days by urging him to 'stick at it' and 'don't give up'

*Home Secretary Theresa May leads tributes saying Pc Rathband was a 'brave and fine policeman'

*David Cameron hails Pc Rathband as 'extraordinarily brave'

Rest in Peace Pc Rathband.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108496/Pc-David-Rathband-shot-blinded-Raoul-Moat-dead-suspected-suicide.html

Edit: removed content

Edited by efdcapt115

I am incredibly angry at the facts of this savage attack against PC Rathband and I am overwhelmingly saddened at the facts surrounding PC Rathbands tragic death. We have seen so many police suicides recently and they are ALL preventable. As PC Rathband's brother Darren tweeted to him in the days before his suicide, " Asking 4 help doesn't make you less of a man."

Please brothers and sisters, reach out, ask for help, you don't have to suffer alone.....

It's so important that the rest of us pay attention to any signs that our coworkers may be sending out.

God Bless you PC Rathband, you are gone but never forgotten

grumpyff, 210, abaduck and 2 others like this

I am incredibly angry at the facts of this savage attack against PC Rathband and I am overwhelmingly saddened at the facts surrounding PC Rathbands tragic death. We have seen so many police suicides recently and they are ALL preventable. As PC Rathband's brother Darren tweeted to him in the days before his suicide, " Asking 4 help doesn't make you less of a man."

Please brothers and sisters, reach out, ask for help, you don't have to suffer alone.....

It's so important that the rest of us pay attention to any signs that our coworkers may be sending out.

God Bless you PC Rathband, you are gone but never forgotten

CC your passion for the love of Brotherhood/Sisterhood is truly inspiring. It's not too many news stories that will get me choked up, as this one did. The content I removed from my post was because it needed somebody like you to make this point the way you did. Stay safe Bro.

210 likes this