Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfrd18

Eastchester Ladder 15 Question

3 posts in this topic

Just a quick question regarding last night's(03-26-12) fire on White Plains Rd. in Eastchester. I'm not sure if someone already brought this up, but I heard that Ladder 15's(EFD's Spare) aerial ladder was out of service and the rig was responding as a Truck Company, just w/o the 100' Ladder in place of I think Tower Ladder 17 temporarily.

If this is true, what is Eastchester's reasoning in dispatching a Ladder Co. w/o an actual aerial ladder to a fire. I'm sure they would be functioning like a normal Truck Company, albiet use of an aerial ladder, only ground ladders. If an aerial ladder is actually needed, I would guess they would have to call in an additional Truck.

firedude likes this

The aerial for Ladder 15 was actually repaired last week. L 15 is still running with E 31 out of temporary Sta 6 while Sta 5 is repaired. Prioir to its repair it was run for ground ladders and equipment. If an aerial was needed or if it was going to a known multi dwelling ( which there are alot of in its 1st due area ) the Duty officer would request for the 2nd truck to start out also.

sfrd18 and x635 like this

The aerial for Ladder 15 was actually repaired last week. L 15 is still running with E 31 out of temporary Sta 6 while Sta 5 is repaired. Prioir to its repair it was run for ground ladders and equipment. If an aerial was needed or if it was going to a known multi dwelling ( which there are alot of in its 1st due area ) the Duty officer would request for the 2nd truck to start out also.

Okay, that answers my question.