Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Thompson (Sullivan) - Multi-Alarm Yeshiva Fire - 03-15-12

7 posts in this topic

Glad to hear the no one was injured.

I obviously do not know the time frame for when the video was captured but I am curious as to why more master streams were not being used. About a minute into the video, you can see a tower ladder but it is not delivering water. Perhaps it was difficult to get trucks close enough to the building? Perhaps the video is from the first couple minutes? Just my $0.02.

Fire rages at Sullivan yeshiva - Midhudsonnews.com

Firefighters had difficulty fighting the fire because of the narrow roads leading to the old hotel building, water pressure problems, the need for additional manpower and in at least once case, a shortage of fire hose to reach the fire.

This did go 5 alarms

Edited by JetPhoto
BFD1054 likes this

Glad to hear the no one was injured.

I obviously do not know the time frame for when the video was captured but I am curious as to why more master streams were not being used. About a minute into the video, you can see a tower ladder but it is not delivering water. Perhaps it was difficult to get trucks close enough to the building? Perhaps the video is from the first couple minutes? Just my $0.02.

I don't think Sullivan County has the density of Ladders as, say Westchester or the more urban/mixed counties. Given the distances they have to travel in the rural counties it may take a while to get aerial devices on location and in operation. That's my $0.02.

PFDRes47cue likes this

"I don't think Sullivan County has the density of Ladders as, say Westchester or the more urban/mixed counties"

Thats an understatement......

PFDRes47cue and x129K like this

5 ladder trucks in sullivan-monticello,fallsburg,loch sheldrake,liberty and callicoon

Roscoe has a Ford/ Sutphen 75' Tower I think as well

x129K likes this