Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
201/65

Spartan/Crimson Fire Identity Crisis Over

8 posts in this topic

CHARLOTTE, Mich. (April 10, 2012) – Spartan Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAR) today announced the major building blocks of a global emergency response (ER)strategy that will serve as the foundation for Spartan’s continued growth in the North American and global marketplace.

Spartan has one of the highest market recognition names in the fire service, and now they decided to bring both of these great brands together under one name.

http://www.spartanerv.com

About time! Should have been under the Spartan name for a long time.

Deff a good thing. Its really always been one company but I think it will definitely be easier just to have one name. It looks like some neat things are on the way from Spartan at FDIC? Anyone have a ideas what will be introduced?

The letter says 13 new products/technologies. Should be interesting.

I liked the Crimson name better. They were developing a strong reputation under that name.

I wonder if this was done so they could be a "single source" manufacturer. I wonder if they will rebrand the Spartan chasis for other manufacturers, or make it available. If they didn't make just the chasis for purchase, it will put a lot of small builders out of busines.

Regardless, they build an excellent product.

If they didn't make just the chasis for purchase, it will put a lot of small builders out of busines.

It would put them out as well. The majority of their production goes to other companies.

i like the crimson name my self alot better.so there going to stop building cabs an chassis for other venders?

I'm sure that Spartan will continue to supply other manufacturers with their cab and chassis just like HME does. As for single source, they actually should have qualified for single source under the Crimson name since they were branded "A Spartan Company".

FWD (Four Wheel Drive) when they purchased Seagrave way back when, offered their products under two different names. Chassis and cabs for others were sold as FWD while "sole source" apparatus was Seagrave. Then back in the 1990s I belive the company dropped the FWD name (don't remember how or why) and sold everything as Seagrave, including thier chassis to other builders. Now I think they reserected the FWD name again for the chassis sales.