Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pagers

Another Presidential visit

7 posts in this topic

Obama will be making another trip to the Capital Region again. This time visiting Global Foundries in Malta. The expected visit will on Tuesday.

Do you know what time on tuesday? I haven't seen any details on local media. I'm really hoping the northway isn't a parking lot, have to drive back to westchester on tuesday.

Edited by firedude

I'm guessing morning. But best bet to stay away from Northway

Where does he land when he goes to Smalbany? Does he land right in Albany International?

Edited by M' Ave

I'm guessing morning. But best bet to stay away from Northway

According to local media, plans have changed. The President is now going to make a speach at Ualbany not in Malta. Good News for me!

Where does he land when he goes to Smalbany? Does he land right in Albany International?

Yup! Air Force 1 somehow lands on albany's runway.

Some years ago a President came to Albany (Clinton?). The 'authorities' decided they needed a tower ladder to complement the airport FD. Instead of going to the department whose district (most of) the airport is in - they went to the City of Albany FD. Rumor was that it was easier for the secret service to vet the city firefighters than the volunteer department.

President is now going to the Nano College at the University of Albany. The change is do to Global Foundries still being under construction and not have enough address room for a speech, also becuase UAlbany is 10 minutes away and not 25-30 minutes. Air Force 1 lands at Albany international Airport and usually sits close towards the South end of the runway by the hangers. Usually ahead of time support aircraft, mainly a C-17 Globemaster III will arrive and unload. Sometimes he relocates to another airport or he rests on the East Runway. By the way, Air Force 1 usually uses the entire runway and it is quit the sight to see land!

Edited by lafd55