Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

New Interceptor Utility / Sgts Vehicle for WPD

4 posts in this topic

With the new Interceptors just beginning to appear in our area, and the interest they seem to be genearting, we thought we'd share this recent delivery.

Specialty Warning Systems in Danbury CT recently delivered its first new Ford Interceptor Utility to the Wilton CT Police Department. The result of many months of transition planning with the WPD, the new Utility, assigned as the patrol sergeant’s vehicle, is the first of five Interceptors for Wilton, the remaining four being sedans, which are currently underway.

The warning system is all Whelen LED incorporating a Liberty WeCan lightbar, Vertex HideAways in the sides of the headlight housings, four HideAway LEDs in the rear taillights, 400 series and IONs on the Setina pushbumper and a six head Dominator in the rear window.

The center console is a Havis Interceptor specific unit containing dual cup holders, 12V power outlets, flip up armrest, Whelen controller and department radio. It also carries a Panasonic dock with a CF30 Toughbooks laptop and Zebra mobile printer.

As patrol supervisors do not transport prisoners, there is no rear partition or containment system but a custom cargo compartment command cabinet, for scene control, is planned for the near future.

We have enjoyed a long and co-operative working relationship with the Wilton PD, appreciate their confidence in us and look forward to providing their service and new vehicle conversions for many years to come.

post-7323-0-74922400-1338811570.jpg

post-7323-0-49862100-1338811548.jpg

post-7323-0-99100900-1338811558.jpg

post-7323-0-76035700-1338811538.jpg

post-7323-0-52949200-1338811526.jpg

JetPhoto, sfrd18, FF398 and 2 others like this

Doesn't Seth have photos of a crown Vic with this dame paint job on it from Texas? Very nice vehicle.

Doesn't Seth have photos of a crown Vic with this dame paint job on it from Texas? Very nice vehicle.

I believe this is one of the "Stock" layouts from Ford, if I'm not mistaken. Most of their promo materials for these cars had the same lettering scheme.

I believe this is one of the "Stock" layouts from Ford, if I'm not mistaken. Most of their promo materials for these cars had the same lettering scheme.

Gotchya. I looked up what their main cars look like, nothing like this, lol.

Good catch.