Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdAngiolillo

West Whiteland FC Apparatus

6 posts in this topic

I was platooned to the South Station today. Fortunately, they had a public appearance event scheduled, so I was able to catch some of the trucks before they left.

Top to bottom:

MICU 87-6, safely hiding from the public,....

Engine 6-2 (along with its twin, Engine 6-1, they are due for replacement later this year with Spartan/Marion pumpers)

Rescue 6

Utility 6 (lettered Squad 6, but Chester County is now assigning the "Squad" label to rescue-pumpers)

post-21881-0-39859000-1339291045.jpg

post-21881-0-34260100-1339291060.jpg

post-21881-0-16501100-1339291070.jpg

post-21881-0-63446600-1339291081.jpg

sfrd18, firedude, x129K and 3 others like this

who told you about chester county going to the Squad concept? Squads in CC are personal carriers, such as suburbans and expeditions

who told you about chester county going to the Squad concept? Squads in CC are personal carriers, such as suburbans and expeditions

My company just took possession of a new Chevy Silverado pickup. It replaced the old "Squad" 87 and is lettered "Utility" 87. When I asked, I was told ChesCo was switching over for local uniformity. In all of the other suburban Philadelphia counties, as well as in Philly, "Squad" = rescue pumper. Of course, in Philly, Squads 47 and 72 are more specialized, along the lines of FDNY's squad companies.

x4093k likes this

I was platooned to the South Station today. Fortunately, they had a public appearance event scheduled, so I was able to catch some of the trucks before they left.

Top to bottom:

MICU 87-6, safely hiding from the public,....

Engine 6-2 (along with its twin, Engine 6-1, they are due for replacement later this year with Spartan/Marion pumpers)

Rescue 6

Utility 6 (lettered Squad 6, but Chester County is now assigning the "Squad" label to rescue-pumpers)

replacement?they look new to me.

The pumpers have a lot of service hours. WWFC's response area includes several major shopping centers and two VERY busy highways.