INIT915

WPFD Dep. Chief Donald Keinz - Dies after brief illness

12 posts in this topic

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120629/NEWS02/306290041/Donald-Keinz-White-Plains-deputy-fire-chief-dies-after-brief-illness?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage&nclick_check=1

WHITE PLAINS — Deputy Fire Chief Donald Keinz, a 34-year veteran of the city Fire Department, died Thursday at White Plains Hospital, Public Safety Commissioner David Chong said.

“It was a sudden death and a huge loss to the department and the city,” Chong said. “He was highly regarded and dedicated to his family and to White Plains. He was also a friend. This is a huge loss.”

The cause of death was not immediately available, but officials said Keinz had been sick for several weeks.

my condolences to the Family of Deputy Donald Keinz and to the White Plains Fire dept. May Don rest in peace

Rest in Peace Chief. My condolences to his family and to the White Plains Fire Department.

Condolences to the Keinz family and WPFD...I knew him when I was still in Westchester.....

I had Donny as an insructor for many classes and also worked with him as an instructor at the training center..always willing to share what he knew. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and the WPFD. May he rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Chief, thoughts and prayers to his family, co workers and friends.

Rest in peace Don. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and WPFD.

I had Chief Keinz as my instructor for FF Survival many years ago. He was all about the Fire Service and truly dedicated to Training and his Profession.

May he rest in peace.

Condolences to his family, friends and the WPFD.