fitzjr11

Putnam County Explorer Weekend

12 posts in this topic

We still have room for 40-50 Explorers for the 11th Annual Putnam County Explorer Weekend Aug 4-5th

This is open to any Explorer or Jr. Fire Fighting group that would like to come and do a weekend of training.

We will be doing low angle rescue, mask confidence, bail outs, search and rescue and car extrication

dadbo46 likes this

Is there a flyer or something that you have? I'll pass it along to some of the units in CT.

Which department are going so far? You have any pictures from last year?

To Explorer Post:

The Lake Carmel Fire Dept. Explorer Post would like to invite you to the 11th Annual Explorer Weekend and Campout to be held August 4th and 5th. We will have one day of competitions and one day of training. This year’s training will be held at the Putnam County Fire Training Center. Camping and Saturday dinner will be at the Putnam County Park

The park will be available for explorers to enjoy after training; there is volleyball, basketball and a lake for swimming. We are making arrangements to have showers available at several locations, if needed after the training evolutions.

We are asking that each post bring 5 Scott packs, 2 cases of water and a cooler of

ice. Please have coolers and equipment clearly marked. The weekend will cost $30

per person, and $30 per post. After July 1st, the price will be $35 per person. Camping

will be $5 per tent, and $10 for campers without electric and $20 for campers with

electric. We urge you to have explorers share tents. This charge is from the park, and we

have no control over it.

Please respond no later than July 1st with number of people attending and t-shirt sizes. Registration is limited to 100 explorers, so please respond ASAP.

Saturday’s tentative training schedule will involve: mask confidence, fire fighter survival, car extrication, low angle rescue, and large area searches. Saturday night will be tug of war, and a movie.

Competitions on Sunday will be Fire Fighter Challenge/Pittsburg Drill (5 members), Tug of War (10 members), and Hose Hockey (3-5 members and a Relay (5 members). To keep the competitions fair, rules will not be given out until Saturday night at dinner. We will divide all posts with more than 15 members attending into 2 teams, posts may borrow from other teams if needed.

Please call 914-879-9099 if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Erin Scott

2012 Putnam County Explorer Weekend Schedule

Saturday

8:00-9:00 Registration/Set up at park

9:30-10:00 Opening Ceremonies at Training Center

10:00-1:00 Training

1:00-2:00 Lunch

2:00-4:00 Training

4:00-4:30 Clean up and inventory of equipment

4:30-6:30 Free/Swimming/use of County Park

6:30 Dinner

8:00 Tug of War

9:00 Movie

11:30pm-6:00am Quiet hours

Sunday

8:30-9:30 Breakfast/clean up

10:00-2:00 Competitions

Lunch will be provided from 12-1

We currently have Wantagh, Long Island, Lake Carmel, Brewster, South Salem, Rockland and waiting to hear back from Ossining and Shaker Road.

post-961-0-10748000-1341670158.jpg

post-961-0-28323600-1341670215.jpg

post-961-0-35439900-1341670282.jpg

what's the final count of department that are going to explorer weekend and home many people.

We have 7 different groups coming n over 100 people

I Was A Member Of Carmel NY.Explorers Can People Come & Watch

Edited by FireRescueMan343

Yes, you can come watch- Carmel hasnt had explorers for a very long time

I am an Explorer in Croton, and would have loved to have my post and I attend. In the future, i suggest that you reach out to chiefs in the surrounding towns.