Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sailr322

MLB Umpire Jim Joyce Saves Life at Game With CPR

6 posts in this topic

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mlb-umpire-jim-joyce-hailed-hero-saving-life/story?id=17056753#.UDUg3I7DZWg

"I knew something was wrong," Joyce told MLB.com. "And I knew if something wasn't done, this lady could actually die in front of me. It was more instinct than anything else."

Amazing story about MLB Umpire Jim Joyce whose quick actions and CPR training paid off in saving a women's life.

Learn CPR and save a life, find out when and where your local fire or ambulance department is offering a CPR class, or American Red Cross.

BFD1054 and Westfield12 like this

I believe Stamford, CT is trying to beat the world record for most people trained in CPR at a single event, so if you or any of your family are looking to learn, that's not a bad place to do it.

Westfield12 and BFD1054 like this

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mlb-umpire-jim-joyce-hailed-hero-saving-life/story?id=17056753#.UDUg3I7DZWg

Amazing story about MLB Umpire Jim Joyce whose quick actions and CPR training paid off in saving a women's life.

Learn CPR and save a life, find out when and where your local fire or ambulance department is offering a CPR class, or American Red Cross.

Sailr322...

Great story, thanks for sharing. I love hearing positive stories such as this one.

Sounds like another case of being at the right place at the right time.

Way to go Jim and well wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs Powers.

Edited by BFD1054
Sailr322 and Westfield12 like this

Sailr322...

Great story, thanks for sharing. I love hearing positive stories such as this one.

Sounds like another case of being at the right place at the right time.

Way to go Jim and well wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs Powers.

Agreed, and I believe further proof in the needs for more people to become trained in CPR, especially with the increased push for hands only CPR. I think we would see more positive outcomes like this.

Westfield12 and BFD1054 like this

CPR training should be a requirement in High School health classes and for graduation. I might go so far as saying you should need it to be licensed to drive, but since people don't need to know HOW to drive for a license, maybe that's pushing our luck.

Great story. Good job ump.

BFD1054 and Sailr322 like this